When using psychedelics?
Enfinehti Enfinehti 18-21, F 19 Answers Mar 5, 2012

Enlightenment is loss...................

Best Answer

of materialistic views. And the loss of those around you who have not changed their views as yet.

Best Answer

True! To a point anyway...

Best Answer

Zen masters call that unexpected flash of enlightenment Satori, and yes it can happen in a day. But as others have pointed out it usually only comes after long preparation. In native cultures there's often a tradition of using natural substances like peyote or mushrooms, but only to guide the search for visions.<br />
I got interested in this stuff while I was still in college and trying figure out the whole mind/body connection. There's a lot of written research, historical records and personal accounts. The funny thing is the attitude a lot of Zen monks had after realizing satori. One of them wrote: " Before enlightenment, chopping wood and carrying water. After enlightenment, more wood and more water."

Best Answer

precisely!

Best Answer

not enlightenment means patience with self discovery. You can be awoken with psychedelics but the journey will still take time.

Best Answer

This is true.

Best Answer

It depend on a persons karma. It doesn't take time, it takes willingness and preparation. That might involve time for ordinary people with lots of attachments.

Best Answer

and also time along with willingness and preparation. But once you have awoken you will have no choice but to be willing and prepare.

Best Answer

yes, sure

Best Answer

Yes and no.<br />
This depends on the purity of each soul<br />
and the grace of God. No humans or<br />
human methods can interfere or intervene.<br />
The perfectly polished mirror immediately<br />
reflects the Sun of Truth.<br />
The unclean mirror may take centuries for cleansing.

Best Answer

Get a belly full of "God", a head full of ego, go have a nervous breakdown then take a personal inventory and clean up your side of the street.

Best Answer

Sorry - no quickie Nirvana.

Best Answer

Actually, once you see the path, getting there is VERY easy.

Best Answer

Yes if you take advantage of our SPECIAL OFFER.!

Best Answer

I don't think so.<br />
The adage; "The road to enlightenment" springs to my mind here. I think it's a devotion which takes time along with both physical and mental effort. But I do believe there are those who can say they have reached their personal enlightenment, but this would have come from a journey rather than a sudden flash of inspiration where everything fell into place for them; the great philosophers spent their entire lives trying to find Enlightenment and never quite got there.<br />
~F~

Best Answer

Yes and everything up till that day is mere preparation. Full Enlightenment happens when your attachment to Cosmic Consciousness is great than your attachment to the physical body, astral body, and causal body. If you are a greedy selfish person then your attachment will stop you from reaching that state. Spiritual practice strengthens the body so it can withstand Cosmic Consciousness. Ordinary people lack faith, devotion, and consistency so their efforts fail no matter how strong the medicine.

Best Answer

Interesting! I never thought that enlightenment was due to devotion. I just thought it had to do with knowledge and acceptance.

Best Answer

Its definately possible to see things in a totally different perspective,both visually and mentally,for the duration of a trip,and personally I found that although the of perception decreases,it has been recognised,and never forgootten or denied.

Best Answer

Nope...enlightenment is found by givng things away, not by taking them.

Best Answer

haha

Best Answer

Though shamans use them for this very purpose?

Best Answer

well, shamans are experienced, and even then things don't work out the right way.

Best Answer

Who says Shaman are enlightened?

Best Answer

I agree with dabitch -lol love the username- my mom was on phsychedelics for a long time. You really should be careful and that goes for everyone.I guess though, it could be possible. Its a hard question to answer i guess it depends on the person using it.

Best Answer

Good point about depends on person using it.

Best Answer

I suppose it depends on your perception of what it is to be considered as "Enlightened"...

Best Answer

I think the instant enlightenment doesn't have to come with drugs or what so ever... I believe that even a near-death experience can put us through that epiphany, and show us that precious ego-free world...

Best Answer

I don't think so because I learn more about God more and more daily and we will never know all there is to know about Him.

Best Answer

.....................ooooh, tricky subject - lost 10 years of living doing that - be careful, be verrrrry careful

Best Answer

I'm not talking about abusing the drug.
Using them for spiritual experiences. Rather than for the 'feel good'.

Best Answer

.....try meditation without experimentation.....no need for any form of drugs....just an open mind.....then a vacant mind....then realisation!!!

Best Answer

Well, I had a very unexpected experience 'ego death' when smoking once. You could call me "once a year user". I totally agree though. You should try and reach enlightenment slowly, at your own pace. It was just thrown in my face and lost within a few months. Due to not knowing how to keep the enlightenment.

Best Answer

as a trad witch I meditate daily, don't need no drugs, just lack of thoughts, empty mind, then the magick begins.....

Best Answer

yes...Mushu is on the path...

Best Answer