I am afraid that my friend will stop being my friend if he knows I just want us to be friends.
sparkella sparkella 18-21, F 8 Answers Feb 8, 2013 in Romance & True Love

My best friend is someone who expressed interest in me in more than a friendship way after he broke up with his triflin girlfriend. I informed him that he is my best friend, and I wasn't interested in compromising the friendship. Even to this day when his various male friends urge him to hit on me, he declines and tries to keep it under wraps out of respect for me, although I know exactly what's going on. So, yes, it is possible with the right words chosen wisely. If he's truly your friend, he will understand and respect your boundaries. Our relationship hasn't changed, and perhaps has gotten even better.

Best Answer

thank you for sharing your experience! i think that's wonderful that your relationship got better after that, that's really awesome. thanks for the hope!

Best Answer

the relationship might be different, but it is possible. You should try distancing yourself first.

Best Answer

distancing myself first, could you elaborate on what you mean by that please? :)

Best Answer

like, if you guys are attached at the hip, try getting some space. Then he canget over you. So you guys can get back to being friends.

Best Answer

I might cuz I'm a really jealous person. It depends on him though.

Best Answer

fair enough!

Best Answer

Once attraction rears it's head, your relationship will never be the same.

Best Answer

that's what i'm fearing

Best Answer

I didn't say it can't become something good, something mutually satisfying, but it will never be the same, and that's the truth.

Best Answer

ok i gotcha now. i guess that's still better than not being friends anymore

Best Answer

Any chance of you feeling attraction for him?
If the answer is an emphatic "NO" then you better set him straight, right now. Pretend it's a brother doing something icky.. when you handle it like that, it gives him the message, along with deniability,
it allows him to back off with his pride intact.

Best Answer

yeah it's an emphatic no. i like the idea of letting him keep pride intact, i will remember that!

Best Answer