It's extremely difficult, usually you'll pass out and then start breathing again invoulentairily. I've never heard of this actually working. And in defense of my theory, the old lady you mentioned possibly had a pre-existing condition that tipped the scales in her favor of this working.

Best Answer

Whatever man. You try it out and see what happens and these stories are made up for naive people

Best Answer

no. not possible. The woman in question died of a heart attack, not asphyxiation. The other two were so far back in history-- who knows what happened.<br />
Breathing is an autonomic process. It is unusual among automic processes in that the conscious mind can override the process, but as soon as a person loses consciousness (if indeed a person could even hold their breath that long) the autonomic nervous system would take over and restore breathing.

Best Answer

Only one way to find out hhhhhuuuu

Best Answer