jadeeast jadeeast 46-50, M 7 Answers Mar 26, 2012

Not with any normal swing.<br />
Swings normally use chains or ropes to hold the seat. Since these are flexible, whenever you swing past 90 degrees (straight out from the top bar) the chains will go slack momentarily as you drop back down. The higher you manage to swing, the worse the drop gets. This prevents you from building up more momentum that would be needed to take you over the top.<br />
To go over the top, you either need to: 1. replace the chains with rigid bars so you can keep building momentum past the 90 deg position with each swing. Or 2. you need something that can give you a really big push to get you from the 90 deg. to over the top in one push (elimination any need to slowly build momentum).

Best Answer

I understand your theory...but if the original push was with such force that you went over TIGHTLY....I think you could accomplish the task....would be a good experiment with a test dummy that weighed say 50 lbs or so..not saying it would be easy to do....would really take some force to keep the rope/chains tight as it arcs over the top &amp; maybe shorter chains not all the way down to the ground....?

Best Answer

I'm almost positive that happens only in cartoons...

Best Answer

I don't think so. I almost did it one time though. I almost flipped over the entire swing-set.

Best Answer

awesome dude....I thought I heard of some kid doing it &amp; he ended up with a pair of squeeze grapes if you get my drift

Best Answer

Lol! Wow........... Ouch.....

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

I like your doggie...he looks so cute with only half a body

Best Answer