How often have you said things in anger and wished you could take it all back and can you?
Crystelle Crystelle 22-25, F 28 Answers May 14, 2010

NO!!! Sorry but anyone who tells you that apologies will heal the hurt that has been caused by nasty words is lying. Words can cut extremely deep, and there will always be a scab where there once was none. No matter how much a person apologizes the words are still there and changes the relationship.

Best Answer

i think the only thing you can do is offer an apology. other than that, it's pretty hard to unring a bell.

Best Answer

you can always hope they were angry too and weren't even listening to you

Best Answer

You can apologize, but once the words are out ... you can't take them back. I have lost my temper and said things I regretted later. Now I try to just walk away from the situation until I've calmed down enough to be rational and not emotional. Or I just bite my tongue !

Best Answer

Until we invent a functional time machine, once said it cannot be unsaid.

Best Answer

I am Sorry is a powerful statement.....Time does heal all wounds so yes you can always take it back...

Best Answer

No, words spoken in anger are usually the closest to the truth; how the person honestly thinks and feels, unabridged. Regret at their utterance is just that, regret, since the damage the words has caused has been done. Nothing can undo the pain those angry words has caused and ususally people repeat those hurtful words over and over in their minds.

Best Answer

Nope- once spoken, they are out there forever. All you can do is sincerely appologize and treat the person respectfully. Time heals all wounds, so hopefully they can heal and accept your appology.

Best Answer

We can't take back words that are said in anger. Even if forgiveness is given, we have our consciences to live with...(hopefully)

Best Answer

Once spoken, words are forever free – free to cause happiness, harm, or even hurt.

Best Answer

No you can't. Anyone that thinks you can is not taking ownership of the pain that words can cause. A pause before speaking would do many some good.

Best Answer

You can take them back; chances are, the person at the receiving end won't forget them. We all forgive and we all say we forget ... but we don't. Instead we put little importance on what we *truly* forgive but we cannot (in effect) 'un-memories' what we experience; hurts included. You can't take them back in exactly the same way you cannot truly say you forget what you hear and what hits your memories :-)<br />
~F~

Best Answer

No, the person you hurt may forgive you, but once said, those words will not just go away.

Best Answer

You can't undo what you said, but it doesn't mean you can't be forgiven for them if you are sincere.

Best Answer

Verbal abuse can wound one's spirit just as physical abuse can cause scars. An acceptance of an apology doesn't erase the wound.

Best Answer

Of course you cannot "take it back" but you can whole heartily ask for forgiveness and come hell or high water not let those words ever be uttered again. <br />
We are not perfect individuals by any means......but we can improve on our reaction to anger, stress and how we deal with it and make for damn sure our victims are not those we love!

Best Answer

You cannot take them back and they will be taken in by the person. As said before, alot of outbursts contain the truth that you have been hiding and suppressing.<br />
You can however apologize for and elaborate on your outburst. Therefore fixing the problem that you have been hiding away and also strengthening the bond between the two people...win win :)

Best Answer