I am working on developing a general theory of emotion... how to cluster emotions, how to improve one's emotions... I think that we can't just say that emotions come in stages and that's is, but we also can't just say that it is impossible to study them scientifically. But, how far can science possibly go?
OreoMath OreoMath 18-21, M 14 Answers Aug 9, 2012 in Hobbies

Science has emotion pinned down to the neurochemical level.

Best Answer

There is this science, Psychology, that studies emotions in a scientific way, understands them in a scientific way, explains them in a scientific way and predicts then in a scientific way. I think that justifies to say yes to your question.

Best Answer

I think emotions and drugs have a lot in common. Most drugs stimulate the brain , when you feel rage it often makes you feel better to yell or blow off steam, this stimulates the brain. Love is the most powerful and just like the most powerful drug which is Heroin. Love not only stimulates the brain but it also releases endorphans or some other chemical into your body that is highly addictive. When someone breaks your heart, you can't eat you can't sleep and your stomach is in knots and your entire body hurts. But there is really nothing broken...These symptoms in my opinion are simillair to the withdrawels a heroin addict would go through. This is also the reason people have committed murder caused by love. And the only thing that can take that pain away is the person you love. Just like a junkie needing a fix...crazy as it may sound I seriously think there is some chemical reaction that science has yet to explain.

Best Answer

Science can go to the biochemistry level. Then we're screwed

Best Answer

To an extent,However; some emotions will be beyond science.

Best Answer

I think yes, to a degree anyway.

Best Answer

sure there is lots of study into the area of emotions. Read Emotional Intelligence<br />
abouthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_intelligence <br />
the limits of understanding emotion is the same limit that exists for understaning the brain. We are limited by the tools we have to use. Over time the tools get better.

Best Answer

not anymore than how the human mind actually works oh they can guess and hypothesis and assume all they want , like looking for holyness under a microscope , oh well

Best Answer