my husband claims that most all men have affairs while deployed and they cover for eachother. is this true?
ValChix2 ValChix2 26-30, F 11 Answers May 17, 2011

Yes, and many of them are German.

Best Answer

have you experienced this personally or know someone who has?

Best Answer

If they're married men, most wouldn't. If they aren't married I'd expect they'd at least try--and I wouldn't begrudge them.

Best Answer

Nothing is true of all men or all women. I guess some do & some don't. My first wife was an Active Duty Air Force Officer & had to do a one year remote in Korea. I didn't cheat. That wasn't easy when your a drummer in an 80's Heavy Metal band & have temptation from groupies. It goes back to character. I was married & I made a vow. If he wasn't married to you there isn't a lot you can do. The decision would be up to you as to whether or not you want to continue the relationship. BUT you should always look at character in a potential life mate.

Best Answer

we had been married for 5 months ..dated for 4 years before that..and are now about to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary when he told me.

Best Answer

Certainly!<br />
Almost !00% do!<br />
The exceptions are: <br />
1. Obnoxious Types that can't get a girl<br />
2. Homosexual males that don't want one ;)

Best Answer

this is oddly enough gave me a sense of relief annd peace.

Best Answer

Yes, this is true. But, then, it's true about men who aren't deployed as well. All surveys on this subject from Kinsey back in the 1940s to more recent surveys by Roper indicate that after five years of marriage, most men cheat on their wives, And there is a sort of silent agreement among men to cover for each other. It's just that when men are deployed, they are far less likely to get caught by their wives and/or families and that could make it more tempting.<br />
My own feeling is that during the years when a solider is deployed, he or she should probably remain single rather than face that level of temptation.

Best Answer

thanks for the info .. I am now reading up on the kinsey report

Best Answer

The Kinsey report has been widely repudiated in the past 20 years. It gained notoriety when it first appeared because it dealt with frank issues of sex in cold, clinical fashion at a time when hollywood films and TV would not recognize sex or anything remotely connected to it.
Most men DO NOT cheat on their wives---ever.
(of course, I'm automatically covering for my comrades by lying)

Best Answer

men cheat wherever theyre ar just ask the governator

Best Answer

and for their wives to have men on the side while hubby is deployed in Germany...

Best Answer

I wish I would have ...I lost my virginity to him at 17 and have never had another man.. maybe it's time.

Best Answer

ich bin ein berliner meine kleine liebling thing.

Best Answer

ha ha ha NO just the ones that will cheat and have no morals.Don't fall for that he just wants to get the go ahead to sleep w/girls while he is away.

Best Answer

He already did it. He had an 18 yr old girlfriend the whole time. If it had been a hooker or a one night stand it would be so much easier to deal with but he took her out to dinner, slept with her every weekend and they spent sundays together while I was back home missing him and waiting for his calls.

Best Answer