bnow bnow 22-25, F 17 Answers Jul 10, 2009

Not at all. Smoking weed as a daily habit, several times a day (as many do), is a counter-productive habit that diminishes your health and takes away the "magic" of this herb by abusing it. Enjoying it on occasion is quite safe.

THC is one of the least toxic substances known to man. Most toxins in cannabis are somewhere around 80% the levels found in tobacco, with a very few that are higher than tobacco. However nobody has ever died of a marijuana overdose.

Smoking anything is bad for your lungs and throat, so try to use a vaporizer. Some would say eat it, but I don't like this route as you can't titrate the dose.

Cannabis has around 60 chemicals called "Cannabinoids". Some make you hungry, some make you giggly, some suppress physical pain, some make you sleepy. The EndoCannabinoid system is the most abundant receptor system in your body, and the body produces it's own cannabinoids on a daily basis to regulate appetite, mood, cognition, and so forth.

Several recent studies have shown that smoking weed in small amounts (not enough to get you totally blasted), only 2-3 times a week, can actually improve cognitive performance in many areas. Heavy use tends to inhibit the short term memory, but not by destroying brain cells. Cannabis has absolutely no known neuro-toxicity, and actually acts neuro-protectively on brain cells against trauma and toxins. However, the reason that it can inhibit your short term memory is that the cannabinoids ( especially Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol) clog up your serotonergic receptors that your brain uses to transmit memories.

Many cannabinoids found in the cannabis plan have been shown to have remarkably potent and effective anti-carcinogenic properties; selectively destroying cancer cells and assisting in programmed cell death, while leaving healthy cells alone. There's a lot of research going on in Holland right now to replace chemo therapy with a cannabinoid tincture.

All things in moderation. Few drugs are inherently evil, it's about whether or not you use them properly. Use, and don't abuse! And remember that while studies have so far failed to show any connection to marijuana use and lung cancer when cannabis alone is used, smoking weed can still lead to other respiratory disease such as bronchitis and emphazema.

Best Answer

I absoutely agree with everything you said. I'd like to comment on your last sentence. I also heard that there is some correlation between smoking weed and respiratory diseases but the cause is not the weed. At parties smokers tend to pass around blunts, joints or pipes and everyone hits it (along with everyone's saliva). Drinkers tend to drink out of their own drinks and therefore don't share saliva. (Pluse the alcohol would probably kill most bacteria anyway).

Best Answer

No. Daily is therapeutic.

Best Answer

i really don't have such a long answer, NO

But like myself i took a puff and forgot what the conversation was about. i would have to say YES.

Best Answer

no not really because compared to tobacco and alcohol marijuana is some what safe. yes you might fail a drug test within the first 30 days and if you were giving a hair drug test it wold matter becuase your hair follicals show what kinds of drugs you did within the last 6 months. other than that if you were smoking marijuana occasionally well then thats how you live life man just do what you do. and if you want some more info just send me a message.

Best Answer

its not bad at all. in reply to the first comment this got. it is not bad for your lungs compared to smoking normal cigerettes. it connections to mental illness are flimsy at best. and used responsibly theres no reason it should effect your mental or physical health.

Best Answer

It's no good for your lungs. The harm still happens and is not reversible. Try vapourising or using in cooking or tinctures instead. :)

Best Answer

I must admit, I smoke it occasionally and its only a couple puffs a time, and it doesnt affect me at all. I dont drink and I dont smoke cigarettes, so that sort of helps. As long as you are responsible with it, it wont harm you seriously

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

pssh, nawh,

while i dont do it anymore, i know that occasionally aint gonna kill yaa, but no habits should be formed yo,

Best Answer

I don't think anything's that bad if you only do it occasionally. I really don't know how cigarettes can be legal and pot isn't. I don't smoke either one, but it just doesn't make any sense to me. Legalize drugs!

Best Answer

to each is own but it against the law

Best Answer

Well I dont know I've not seen official statistics on depression and mental health so its hard to say, I believe in nature, and its of nature, but its possibly a poison of nature, like certain fruits and things you cant eat.... depends on why you take it...but it can also be very relaxing and a lot of fun...I think you should read up on it more and get some balanced information as its classified as a drug and when you know the pros/cons then you can make your own decision.

Best Answer

lmao at theoutsider's answer. so obviously true ;)

Best Answer