casalilly casalilly 31-35, F 23 Answers Jul 20, 2012

It's pretty obvious that it's not the guns that kill people, so you can't blame them specifically, but the laws in the US are ba<x>sed on a very outdated constitution. They should at least make an attempt to make it harder to get these weapons, but it's just shooting after shooting and nothing is learned, just like the education system. Not surprised!

Best Answer

is it reasonable to blame cars for bad drivers?

Best Answer

Not just NO, but hell NO. It is a shame that when the government outlaws guns the only ones that will have guns are the outlaws. Most states have gun ownership requirements, but that does not make guns any safer than a driver’s license making driving a car. How many people would have been killed had he walked in with one of the bombs he had made. Maybe more, who knows? It is a shame and may lives were lost for no reason.

Best Answer

No. I believe the violence in this country is due to the fact that people never really grow up here. We don't teach the younglings how to manage their emotions and how to have healthy boundaries. We don't teach them how they are not at fault for other people's bad behaviors and so therefore we don't internalize their bad behaviors. We don't teach them and the authorities don't know either, how "invisible disabilities" affect people and how to manage those with "invisible disabilities" within the confines of the law.<br />
People at all levels of society, therefore, attack others, fail to take responsibility for their inner emotions and so to avoid adding to the negativity. People all have shadow selves, which isn't the problem, but that it is okay to have a shadow self and not act from it is the issue.<br />
Stress levels are through the roof for a number of reasons, but gun control will change nothing. There are things people can learn on the internet (and I do NOT support censorship under any circumstances) that can lead the disturbed to find other ways to take out groups of people if their emotions are out of control.

Best Answer

You need a license to operate almost any other kind of machinery. Why not require training and education for gun owners? All of my gun-happy friends (you know who you are) would still have your guns because you're responsible, stable and you store them according to the rules. The rest of the yahoos who are going to go clocktower need to be screened out by making this process much, much harder!

Best Answer

No. With freedom comes messy risks and the possibility that the person next to you is not a lobotomized politically correct homogonized vanilla citizen.

Best Answer

Cars kill far more people.

Best Answer

I think this is such a multi-faceted situation, but I think our countries need more mental health awareness in conjunction with gun control. There is no way one answer will solve the problem when it comes to something like this. Though, lately I'm favouring the gun law they have in Eritrea, which is (paraphrasing of course) if you're not a member of the armed civil service you don't have a right to carry a gun. Full stop. Any member of society found to be carrying a gun for any reason, who is not an armed civil servant, is put in jail for 10 years.

Best Answer

Absolutely NOT<br />
It is the way the economy is heading, how the rich do not care about how the middle class and poor survive as long as they can do the factory work to build the things they enjoy. Does not matter where its made just made so they don't have to. <br />
Stress of life can get to us all.. can build a bomb with chemicals in a grocery store, are we going to regulate them too?? <br />
Some can take the stress and deal some can't.. It is so sad in what has happened to those people in Colorado, thing is, it is going on all around the world. Just not sensationalized... only the ones they feel will make the dollar in paper sales..<br />
it is all about the MONEY.. not about the PEOPLE.. until that changes, things like this will continue around the world...

Best Answer

It never fails to amaze me that the blame game is the reaction to this ordeal. May God be with the families and love ones. My heart hurt when I heard of this evil doers behavior. It's people and their irresponsible behavior that causes these acts on others. It all starts from the day a child is born. Who teaches, how they learn to grow and accept chanllenges. There are many humans that feel cheated in their lives but, they don't take it out on society. What upsets me is hearing parents, family, in all sort of cases that kill and harm others say; "My son/daughter/Jr/brother etc. is a good boy". Meanwhile; throughout their lives they show acts against themselves, others, the law, and children. They have guns, hate the law, abuse, and brutulize individuals because they didn't like the way they were looked at or spoken to. Any excuse to turn to violence against friends, family, and society. The laws should also change and get harsher for these murderers.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

I still believe that was a planned attack to turn people against guns a week before the U.N. proposal for gun control. The same with the Canadian one. The guy snapped because he wanted to be a batman villain? bullshit. Smart crazy people have their own reasoning and someone in medical school isn't that stupid.

Best Answer

Smart and sociopathic are not contradictory, in fact they tend to have some correlation. The guy has an "ends justify the means" concept.

Best Answer

if you look at the figures doctors kill more people than guns do. A gun is just the tool not the cause.

Best Answer

If someone in that Theater had a Concealed Handgun License It wouldn't have happened. If I Had Been In that Theater, he may have Killed one or two People before I got to him ,But I guarantee, I would have Stopped Him.

Best Answer

The main problem is peoples inability to control themselves and conduct themselves in a reasonable manner

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

No, if someone had a legal conceal weapon they could protect their family and self if necessary should they find some nut going crazy and shooting up the place like Aurora.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer