jacki007 jacki007 18-21, F 9 Answers Apr 24, 2012

it's pretty old-fashioned. nobody would go for it now that we have no-fault divorce.

...

for that matter, it probably wouldn't work unless we revoked women's rights. those things were usually designed to work out in the hustband's best interest

Best Answer

The mother and the daughter have most to do with it. The wedding is really for them. All the groom has to do is show up. Oh, yeah. The parents of the groom must have the rehersal dinner.

Best Answer

I got the wrong idea from your question--or did everybody else? Arranged marriages? I thought you were talking about parents who take over wedding plans--funny how we interpret things differently.

Best Answer

I'm not saying its wrong I believe its unfair. Everyone should have the right to decide who they dont and do want to be with.

Best Answer

its wrong period.people should have there own choice to marry who they want,

Best Answer

Wrong. You marry who you fall in love with, you don't marry who you're told to. Love first, then marriage.

Best Answer

Some shy young people might prefer it. But most people don't.

Best Answer

Sounds wrong to me, but other cultures have practiced that for centuries. I've learned to accept that and so can anyone else who loves this goofy world.

Best Answer