This is a close family member,who asked for this,i'm out of work!I think she is asking for too much,but would like other people's opinion,The gift costs 278$!!!!
1prettygirl 1prettygirl 31-35, F 19 Answers Mar 16, 2012

She's a swine- but I beg you - find an etiquette book that addresses this issue and put a dollar bill as a page marker at that page. You can wrap it in the Sunday comix.

Best Answer

I would think so, I think asking for gifts in general is tacky

Best Answer

Throw yourself a birthday party yes tha.ts fine and food is questionable. But to ask for a gift at all is wrong! If someone brings you something be happy. If it was me just my friends showing up to party and celebrate with me is present enough and would make me happy!!!

Best Answer

What? No way are you serious? I wouldnt go

Best Answer

your mother-in-law? you're complaining about your mother-in-law?

you can't ever win against her. don't even try.

Best Answer

Rude is a nice word for it--tacky, tasteless and low class are more like it. Tell them you'll come if they do the same for you.

Best Answer

She should be ashamed of herself. If she really wants a party then she can have one, if she can't afford it then she can say it is a pot luck party everyone brings something to eat or drink. This could be an acceptable alternative, but to ask for a present of over $200 is more than a cheek. Maybe she was joking? With presents its the thought that counts and not the price.

Either don't go to the party to make her realise that is not how she wins people to like her or go but don't take a present or at least not the expensive one. Just take flowers or something as a gesture. What will she do? Send you home again?

Best Answer

well the party came and went and i ended up spending 100$ for a gift,because my husband wanted to,i was not happy because ,we really can't afford it.She has alot of nerve

Best Answer

Who's throwing the b-day party? They then can supply the food, no need to ask others. + asking for a gift that is $278, that's top's it all off.

Best Answer

That is my thought as well ,if you can not afford a party,don't have one!She did buy my my husband an expensive gift last yr for his bday,but then let us know she didn't have gas $ to get to work,lol.I was like,WTH????She knows i got my taxes back,however my house is in forclosure and she knows it!!!She had the nerve to ask how much $ we got back!Something is wrong w/ her.Maybe she was raised w/ no manners or class?

Best Answer

When I go to a party I will buy a present depending on how close the person is and my finances, not going to spend $200+ if I cant afford it or if I normally buy presents for amounts less than that. If she wants that item quite badly she can buy it herself.

Best Answer

so what did you do, I cant believe they did that...lol

Best Answer