This person is displaying signs of alcoholism, but in denial. He also goes through weird withdraws as well if he does not drink for a day. Nervousness, odd behaviors, mood swings, oh its exaspirating. Would you say, that alcoholic drinks even light ones are too many? How long can a body handle this amount over a period of years?
Shellfinder Shellfinder 56-60, F 15 Answers Sep 21, 2010

Generally more than 2 oz of alcohol a day (and 12 beers is 12 oz) is considered worth evaluating.

Alcoholism is both a medical and behavioral problem. 12 beers a day for decades might be tolerable. 1 beer a week that causes trouble (marriage, anger management, legal problems, injury) can be a serious alcohol problem.

If the person is not having related physical problems or legal problems, then it may not be a problem....right now. 12 oz of alcohol everday for decades will effect the body adversely, it will shorten life and make us fat

Best Answer

With his physical symptoms as you have briefly described, it looks as tho he is headed in the direction of hepatitis or pancreatitis, a follow up to chronic alcohol abuse..

Best Answer

thanks chipperchick...Im really worried.

Best Answer

Sounds like it to me. Adults can run themselves right into the ground, physically, emotionally -- never to admit it either. Hard to watch somebody self-destruct, slow suicide.

Best Answer

the true definition of Alcoholism is this "Its when one can not stop drinking after finishing a bottle and will do anything for another like being addicted to it. and to Admit you have an alcohol problem then and only then that person will set his course into recovery. But If that person drinks on a constant level like every day one must think is he still supportive and responsible. paying bills such and such. also when one is showing signs or aggression then you could then also say there is a drinking problem.

Best Answer

Very possibly an alcoholic

Best Answer

A-l-c-o-h-o-l-i-s-m, hmmm, that's ten letters. Let's see twelve beers to cover ten letters -- yeah, you might be able to spell alcoholism with twelve light beers.

Best Answer

dude thats to the point you need a funnel

Best Answer

Uh... I don't know. 12 light beer is the same amount of alcohol as just over 4 single shot rum & cokes. If he drinks that everyday, then he's got a problem. If he drinks that 2 or 3 times a week, then no big deal.

Best Answer

Monday through Saturday...ritual. When I get on his case about the cost and the effects, he will cut it to 6. But later goes back for more.

Best Answer

Too much, too frequently.

Best Answer

If it is every day.....yes.

Best Answer

He could be self-medicating for a different problem - usually a mental illness such as depression or bipolar. My dad and half brother both did this.

Best Answer

I used to say that, but not anymore. Ever since he was 15 or so, every story he tells me has to do with alcohol...you know that its been his friend for many many years.

Best Answer

VERY safe to say. Light beer isn't any lighter in alcohol. Just lighter in calories. If it is an every day thing then he is. I mean 12 beers a day?....WOW! That's 3&1/2 cases a week. I would also bet it is more on the weekend or days off.

Best Answer

he is off every day

Best Answer