Cheltsy Cheltsy 22-25, F 60 Answers May 15, 2012

good parentin

Best Answer

Its probably a good idea. the internet is a scary place

Best Answer

When it comes to children, privacy breeds danger. Any parent who doesn't follow their child's internet activities is derelict in their duties as a parent.

Best Answer

good parenting, after all the internet is public knowledge.

Best Answer

it's not like you are snooping into their diary, everyone out there can see them, so as a parent you should be watching them. The net is full of scarey places and people protect your kids.

Best Answer

yep! Id rather my child have an attitude than end up in a situation far worse

Best Answer

The internet can be the most helpful tool or the most horrific cesspool. Best to moniter the kiddies... they can watch hardcore p o r n when they're adults.

Best Answer

Back in the 70's, every night before the news came on, one of our local tv stations had a little psa that said--"It's 11:00-do you know where your children are?" Same thing.

Best Answer

On the internet yes its a good thing, its dangerous on here...Snooping in their bedroom no its not a good thing ..

Best Answer

yes i agree the bedroom is a bit different

Best Answer

Good parenting.

Best Answer

Toughie. On one hand if they've got a Meth problem you wanna know whatever the trespass necessary. On the other if its a no-no but less dangerous better to keep silent and catch them some other way so that you don't give up your source. But keepin an eye on a kid online is like watching them at the park. Very necessary. Just hope they don't start to place less value on civil liberties when they're older.

Best Answer

good parenting, until they r paying their own way n not living with u, look, snoop, whatever. don't have to talk about it but knowledge IS power

Best Answer

I had my computor in a main room and my daughter still found ways to hide her on line activity. She got involved with a bad guy, had I not snooped she could have been gone to another country. You need to have security in place and they need to know that you can and will be watching!! my answer is good parenting!!!

Best Answer

wow thats scary! glad you caught that! my younger sister had a hidden online relationship with this dude...later to discover she was a crazy woman...disguising her voice on the phone pretending to be a dude named "jaylin" and several different relatives of this "jaylin" character she created...she enrolled in my sister's school, stalked our familys home, stalked my sister, had folders with my sisters pictures and name all over it...crazy stuff...im glad my mom snooped! this woman would have done terrible things to my sister...she was trying to alienate her from her family and get her to leave and meet her somewhere...

Best Answer

I think it is good parenting to snoop. But bad parenting to point out anything you have found unless it is serious. Think of the things you did at that age and what was common and realize that you can not prevent them form making some of the same mistakes. Trying to do so in a forceful manner will only push them more towards those things. If you discuss the things you did you regret and point out why it is not a good idea thats ok. Saying don't do it, especially when they know you did, makes you a hypocrite in their eyes. Don't lie to children, they will find out.

Best Answer

thats a very good point...if its not a real concern i wouldnt even mention it to them...id just be watching for serious things....btw i have a long while to go..my baby is only 11 months lol

Best Answer

Good parenting for sure. All parents should do that, it would avoid many "bad things happenning to good people".

Best Answer

i agree

Best Answer

GOOD PARENTING SKILLS<br />
IT IS HAPPENING IN YOUR HOUSE<br />
SO IT IS YOUR BUSINESS

Best Answer

yep! thats the way my mother put it to us growing up!

Best Answer

And so it is
Let it be written
Let it be done AMEN

Best Answer

Monitor their internet = good parenting<br />
Reading their journal = bad parenting

Best Answer

hmmm i dont know about the journal thing...i wouldnt say its bad parenting...its nosy of course but i can honestly say id be curious to see what my daughter was writing about ( shes 11 months btw lol) and how she was feeling

Best Answer

Just ask her. :) If you create a close bond with her when she is little, she will learn to trust you when she is older.

Best Answer

Good parenting these days! I snooped & found out a 43 yr old man was pretending to be 17 to my 14 year old daughter! If I had it to do over i wouldn't allow any internet in my house until the kids are 18! There's too many freaking creeps out there preying on kids & teens

Best Answer

wow! thats horrific! yeah my baby is going to be EXTREMELY limited because im sure by the time shes of age things are going to be much worse

Best Answer

It's both. You have to investigate and see what your kids up to on-line. There are way to many strange things going on. I mean, take a look at the foot fetish guys on this site, you mention "foot rub" once & they're all over you. No offense intended. :)

Best Answer

yeah because you so offended me with that one...NOT! LOL dont apologize im not into foot fetishes lol

Best Answer

Just checkin :)

Best Answer

depends on the age, but if they live at home, it's called parenting.

Best Answer

good parenting in my opinion , not so much to see what he is doing but to see if someone is approaching him . He is still at that age the grossest thing to him is a naked woman even you ..lol

Best Answer

lol! wow he must be super young lol

Best Answer

It's good parenting because your kids could be getting themselves in trouble, or going on sites that they shouldn't be going on, or even posting the wrong things. So it's good to keep watching.

Best Answer