I find it strange that most people in Christianity are talkers than those who actually l live it. So many ministries are talkers and very few actually can perform miracles of God. The only reason Christ won over those people because of the Holy Spirit and the works He did in the Spirit. It confuses me that so many people do not have the power to heal, cast out devils, perform miracles. I believe in the bible but not Christianity or Christians
LadyOutspoken LadyOutspoken 26-30, F 21 Answers Sep 28, 2012 in Religion

religion does not make sense it is about dominence

Best Answer

No many Christians have ruined their own image and don't practice what they preach, so its normal actually. I was forced into religion so i know exactly what you mean

Best Answer

~i wouldn't call you strange at all. i admire the time you've spent studying the bible. I do get what you are saying about people not "walking the walk". so true.~

Best Answer

It took me a while of prayer for understanding of the Bible then it started making so much sense I was shocked. I believe in casting out devil's when I was 17 I was oppressed. I believe in the holy spirit because I was babtized in it and have been in the presence of God God has changed my life. Christianity is your supposed to be Christ like(and I agree with you not all but a lot of Christians lack

Best Answer

Imm a firm believer in just because you walk in a church don't make u a Christian and just because you don't don't mean your not he will have a time of separation even in the church there's some who claim to be Christian that are not what they claim to be

Best Answer

nope, but good for you!!! I agree with you there :P

Best Answer

People want to be better than they are. They claim to be part of a group that is supposed to be important in this world, known to everyone, the guys who are right about what they believe in. They back each other up and feel strong in this group. They claim to follow the preaching and teachings of that group. And they feel like that makes them special and important. But in the end it's just talk. Because talking is easier than actually doing. Still they don't realize their hypocrisy themselves, since at some point they start to believe that what they do is right, not because they do what is right, but because they are the ones doing it... and because they believe to have an almighty god on their side.

I think, this description fits for religions, sects, cults, the military and even certain hate groups, such as the Nazis. Interestingly the similarity seems to be, that using ones own brain is not encouraged in those groups.

Best Answer

Yea and even Christ didnt encourage it. I dont appreciate how Christians use Christ to speak negatively against others when He said to love our enemies, to love everyone, and to love ourselves. Its all one big set up.

Best Answer

I was talking about this in a bible study the other night, why we weren't seeing miracles and healings, I think you should walk the walk and talk the talk but we are just humans, we fail, that does not mean you are no longer a Christian, We are saved by Grace not our own performance.

Best Answer

Yea right, Christ said you will know them by their fruit, and Apostle Paul said if the Spirit of God is not IN THEM, not DWELLING IN THEM, then they are not God's children.
Its just like that scripture where they cried out Lord Lord didnt we cast out devils in your name and the Lord said get away from me....God didnt even notice them as His children because they were not!

Best Answer

I think you are in a dangerous place saying that every believer will perform miracles though, some might not have the faith to step out, you cannot say they are not Christians.
I think the scripture Lord did we not cast out devils in your name is more about people using the authority of the name of Jesus but did not accept him as who he was, so even though they used his title they had no power to use it.

Best Answer

I said by their fruit....I was simply saying that very few do what Christ did

Best Answer

very few have the advantages Jesus had, such as being God but I agree we do not use the authority Christ gave us as much as we should.

Best Answer

I'm a Christian and I totally agree. Most "Christians" I meet are not following the faith they claim to subscribe to.

Best Answer

Thank you for understanding. It makes me sad because I talk to so many Christians and I just wonder what are they really doing it for. It seems like most of them do it to be recognized/praised by man and not for God.

Best Answer

Agree, 100%.

Best Answer

money, publicity, fame, i am not sure exactly

Best Answer

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, but I am happy found the truth somewhere else.

Best Answer

Performing miracles. hahahahaha. Aint you just precious.

Best Answer

What confuses me is that you would spend so much time studying something that you don't agree with..! Try Buddhism instead- you may find it more enlightening, or at least more intellectually resonant.

Best Answer

I agree with the bible just not Christianity

Best Answer

Just because you have read the Bible for 15 years doesn't mean you understood it, the Bible isn't just another book,to be understood it must be read with the same Spirit that wrote it.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Best Answer

I do understand it but thanks
This scripture came to mind reading your reply...1Th_2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
I have much experience too. I have healed, cast out devils, seen miracles happen before my eyes...its just when I read the bible, I dont think Christianity has anything to do with it. Maybe what Christ spoke against the religious leaders, now that do remind me a lot about Christianity.

Best Answer

Scholarship is the beginning for many atheists. The next step is questioning, and finally, realizing the deception for what it is / does to the sheeple.

Best Answer

Do you believe in any of the other faiths based on the Bible? Is the study part of your profession?

Best Answer

I believe in the bible but I do not believe its affiliated with Christianity

Best Answer

surely from studying the Bible for 15 years you realize it's CHRIST-ianity.... and the Bible tells the story of Christ....

Best Answer

Actually man made that word not Christ nor God

Best Answer

Its good that you dont ! They've got everything wrong. If your looking for the truth, may I suggest you read everything this site has to offer. www.iswasandwillbe.com.

Best Answer

what about the apostles? they didn't all do those things, but they were still the 12 chosen by Jesus and witnessed when "tongues of fire" (the Holy Spirit) was present.

Best Answer

I am not talking about the apostles I am talking about Christians today, Christianity today.

Best Answer

Christianity is Christianity, whether now or in Biblical times. The discrepancy about how Christians should interpret the Bible is what brings about different denominations in Christianity today.

Best Answer