Like most people over 50, I'm having a really hard time taking off the 30 lbs. I've put on in the last 10 years. Has anyone successfully gotten back into reasonably good shape after many years of inactivity and unhealthy living? What advice can you give me? I try to eat right, but I admit, I do not get enough exercise. I have been on every diet there is, and lost nothing except when I starved myself on the Master Cleanse, which I don't want to do again, but I'm so desperate to lose weight, I'm ready to ask the Dr. for pills.
Maddie99 Maddie99 56-60, F 8 Answers Nov 4, 2010

simple walking will do wonders!

Best Answer

I read an article about weight training for the elderly and how they improved physically and mentally. i think it is a simple answer, it's never too late, but that doesn't mean eveybody can do it. Obviously you got to look at the individual and if he or she has certain diseases or limatations but in general exersise helps at any age.

Best Answer

I'm sixty years old. My body is that of a Greek God. I am blessed, but I use to do a lot of Yoga, running, and working out on gymbars, along with weights, and travel case which contained a "Bull Worker". I was also a scuba diver, skied, mountain climbed, and would take hundred mile hikes in the mountains. I do smoke, and drink coffee, which is going to make me an old man. Until then, I pray that the Lord will allow me this blessing until I stop breathing.

Best Answer

You are never too late to get into shape! Diets I will *NOT* entertain but what I *WILL* entertain is eating healthy ... but that doesn't take a weight-watchers class for me to know. Eating smaller portions whilst taking care with what you eat and a *regular* exercise *will* start you off without going onto some 'Budgie-Seed' diet and once you are motivated it's up to *YOU* to take yourself forwards.<br />
Eat smaller portions, take out what you *know* isn't healthy ... and the most important thing ... EXERCISE. EXERCISE ... EXERCIS! If you work-out you will burn calories, the less calories you take in the less there is to burn and it really is that simple *to begin with.* Once you see some weight coming off, then you will have incentives to look even closer at your diet without resorting to 'powder sachets' 'healthy biscuits' or any other such nonesense.<br />
~F~

Best Answer

I love it! "budgie seeds" and "powder sachets". ROTFLMAO!!! <br /><br />I do eat healthy. Love raw fruits and veggies, don't eat much meat, but drink protein shakes, and use coconut oil for everything. I do need to exercise, I admit. I'm definitely going walking tomorrow.

Best Answer

No way is it too late, go for it!<br />
My mum, who is in her 40s recently lost many stones after being overweight for about 9 years. She is now about 9 stone. <br />
Do some 'fun' exercise like aerobics or walking with friends. Eating well and exercising is much more healthy than diets or pills.

Best Answer

Wow! That's about the weight I need to get down to. I'm 155 lbs. now (11.7 stone), which is way too large for my 5'4" small fr<x>amed body.

Best Answer