darkice123 darkice123 36-40, M 11 Answers Aug 31, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Confidence is hugly attractive!! I love my boyfriend and we were living togeather. I had him move out cuz he became totally dependant on me. I do not want a child that is dependant on me.. I want a man that can take care of himself!! I want a 50 50 relationship where we take care of one another. A co dependant relationship is not healthy!!!

Best Answer

What is point of getting into a relationship if one is independent of the other or don't need each other to be happy ?

Best Answer

We do need each other and do make each other happy.. I just need things to change to 50/50. I want to be his best friend and lover.. and share the rest equally! And others are correct it depends on what your depending on each other for. You can not depend on another to do every thing for you! It is just not healthy!

Best Answer

Brillllllllllllllllllliant Answer Hola' Very well stated and spot on. The word "Emotion" as in emotionally dependent (or in some cases: absent) is missing from many of these replies... Men don't like cloying women (unless the guy is a Narcissist) and women don't like---over the long haul--Men who are emotionally crippled and DEPENDENT on her...I lived with a Malignant Narcissist for 30yrs. The verdict is in: He killed me.
We call people who are so "DEPENDENT" (for their life and their existence and Identity) on a partner: Life sucker outers. ;)
Great response Hola'

Best Answer

yes its 1 gazillion percent true...nobody wants a cry baby

Best Answer

I like a man who can take care of himself with or without me.... I'd prefer he be with me because he wants to and not because he NEEDS to.

Best Answer

well said Totally!!! That is why I moved my man out! he needs to lean to take care of himself.. that way I know he is with me cuz he wants to be.. not cuz he needs to be! I am his lover not his mother!!!

Best Answer

Another GREAT reply, Creamsicle!
Some folks mix up the concepts: Love and Need.
It ought Never ever be: "I NEED you, therefore I love You"
It is: I LOVE you, therefore I need You........

Best Answer

Depends on what they are depending on them for.

Best Answer

They need something to nag about. May as well give them something. :P

Best Answer

Watch it buddy ..grrr !

Best Answer

Except for you of course. :D

Best Answer

Keeping in mind all the attempts to achieve equality, they better don't mind that!

Best Answer

Well of you're talking about financially, it is a major turn off if they can't take care of themselves.. unless you're like a young college student.. I'm a broke college student myself so i understand that..

Best Answer

In general, the common answer would be probably.

Specifically there could be a few strong willed leader type women who want/enjoy control and to have a man/woman dependent on them. I'm with one!

Best Answer