if*
goldenbranches goldenbranches 22-25, F 16 Answers May 19, 2012

Not exactly. A negative person will accept defeat more readily stating 'it's just not meant to be'. A positive person will keep trying and will have a higher chance of turning a bad situation into a good one (or at least an acceptable one). A positive person will be more likely to have more positive outcomes from sheer effort and refusal to give up. This builds opportunistic thinking skills and so a positive person over a long period of time will be more likely to recognize opportunity in the long run. I call it 'The King Midas Effect'.

Best Answer

If a person that is positive is around another person that is negative the dominate personality will dominate the other; therefore, changing the relationship between those two people. This is why, I feel, that surrounding yourself with positive people and being positive yourself creates positive things to happen in your life. It also has to do with the brain chemistry, beliefs, values, etc. on how you perceive a situation as positive or negative.

Best Answer

Yes and no. There are ways our negativity brings terrible consequences as a self-fulfilling prophecy. But many people are born into devastating circumstances. I suspect a hopeful attitude brings a higher vibration through brain chemistry, opening us up to awareness and possibilities we would not see if we were sure we had no hope. There is such a thing as learned helplessness, where people just give up. I don't fully believe in affirmations, be ause the thoughts beneath the areas being affirmed are more powerful than just chanting. Emotions rule, and need healing, not thoughts.

Best Answer

I definitely believe that. I somewhat recently came to that belief. For one thing, your brain will start focusing on the positive/negative subconsciously after it is trained to think about the positive/negative (by what you spend your time thinking about). So in that way, all your experiences will be positive/negative when you look back at them because that is what you trained your mind to remember. I've realized that I focus on negative things or the negative aspects of things and that has only compounded the negativity. During the times I am able to force my thoughts to be positive and consciously deny negative thoughts (for some period of time) I notice I am much more positive and have a more positive outlook on life. Another thing that has brought me to this belief is the idea (ignorant or misunderstood as it may be) coming from the sciences. We know that some/all particles/atoms (not sure about either) exist in more than one place at one time or teleport back and forth from different places. If you hold that belief, then the idea that having a positive/negative attitude can affect bodies outside of yourself (you could also say we are all connected by this and your attitude is really just affecting a whole of something larger) becomes much more plausible to me. Also I read an article a while back (can't remember where or what the name of this practice was called) that talked about buddhist monks(I think that's who it was lol) who performed different blessings on purified water and the different blessings resulted in odd distinct structures of the water's molecules. This idea of positive/negative forces having influence on the "real" world has, for many many years, been a large part of buddhism (though I am uneducated on the subject so I'm not positive). Also from my understanding, quantum science is starting to point in the direction of our thoughts having more of a concrete existence in this world. There is so so much we don't know about the mind/brain that I find it troubling that many people are so sure about things and so convinced that "voodoo" type things don't exist. Everything that I learn about what we know in this world only convinces me more that we exist in this world in more ways than just our physical body. There are other things that have brought me to this belief over the years but I cannot think of them at the moment.

Best Answer

Well, look up the term "selection bias"...<br />
But no, you can't control the universe by how you think.<br />
People do not like to realize how powerless they really are, so they lie to themselves and tell themselves things like "If I think positive thoughts, positive things wll happen."

Best Answer

Are you for real? This is absolute crap. In actuality, people don't realise how powerFUL they are! Positive thoughts lead to positive actions. Also positive people are more likely to attract other positive people and positive experiences. Isn't it logical? I know for a fact that the world seems like a different place when I am thinking negatively from when I am thinking positively.

Best Answer

yes, i believe it to be true. you surround yourself with negative people and things you will eventually make negative decisions and vice versa.....

Best Answer

i definetly believe that.....its really true

Best Answer

It is part of it just not that simple.

Best Answer

It's not a karma thing. It's that life isn't what happens to us, it's how we respond to it.

Best Answer

yes..well i think it does...

Best Answer

sound waves have a powerful effect

Best Answer

yeah I can agree with that

Best Answer

i think so but only to a limited extent. not the all encompassing one that some profess too.

Best Answer

its a theory

Best Answer