OoLunaoO OoLunaoO 26-30, F 47 Answers Jan 2, 2010

NO.<br />
That is not what happens. <br />
Anyway it's more like my mind is a pond with lots of happy ducks and plants and everything, and if I get drunk the bottom of the pond gets stirred up and all the troubles in my life start to dominate the day for me. <br />
Which does not help the people around me to understand that I am a kind man.<br />
"Kind" is much more like my personality than "troubles and vomiting".

Best Answer

Not their real personality, no, inhibitions are suppressed so their stupidity is free to reign

Best Answer

yes as it depresses you inhibitions. that suppression however can alter the person's true nature. for example, if a man is just thinking "man i can't stand my brother in law i wish i could punch the bastard", with a little liquid courage he is more likely to actually act on it. when he was in his right mind he would never do that. that's why people wake up the next day going **** i can't believe i did that!?!?! that's not saying it excuses his actions...

Best Answer

No. It is part of them, but you aren't getting the entire person. The alcohol shuts down certain receptors of the brain causing the thinking to change. You can not think the same drunk as sober. It is physically impossible. sad to say but the parts that start shutting down are the reasonable and rational parts. More animalistic traits start coming out. That is why though dunk, people keep drinking, get horny and do and say things they normally wouldn't. And that is just it, they would not do or say those things. But that part of the brain is shutting down. So, it isn't the true you. It is only a part, with parts missing.

Best Answer

Me and my co worker were just discussing this actually.<br />
YES, I think it will come out. I know I have done some strange things when I was drunk that I would definately restrained myself from when sober, but I suppose it was my real feelings coming out!

Best Answer

Drunkeness reveals, what sobriety conceals.......

Best Answer

I didn't read all the other answers, but I'd say as a general rule, yes.... when peoples inhibitions are lowered, they tend to say things they normally keep in their mind. This apply's to non-alcoholics who are drunk and have issues. <br />
Some alcoholics who are burying their demons can let them loose on other people and spout vile and nasty words as their demons come out. <br />
From one who's been the ob<x>ject of such words.

Best Answer

Oh its no question, when a person start's drinking, at some point during the party the mask comes off. And those who fail to believe this are in denial. It's that simple. You don't have to be a mathematician or a rocket scientist to figure out that the hidden person is the real party in question. The one wearing the mask is merely the representative. Analogous to those in the closet, the closet dweller is the real person. The one perpetrating a fraud is the rep. Capeesh!

Best Answer

Comprende

Best Answer

Hi JustLuna<br />
Alcohol reduces inhibitions so that would suggest people may be more expressive of real feelings but then their real personality is that which is not drunk. What a drunk person reveals is their hidden self perhaps - at first elated when alcohol acts as a stimulant and then depressed when alcohol acts as a depressant later. Consciousness is a collection from various parts of the brain and maybe alcohol disassembles the unity of you being you and allows different parts to express themselves. Like a risk taking persona, an aggressive persona, a sexual side - a depressive aspect. Interesting question.<br />
:)

Best Answer

if this is true, then someone i thought cared about me showed me what they really thought of me. very depressing.

Best Answer

nah...it just means ur subconscious gets to party....:)

Best Answer

uhhh...yeah...<br />
hi *shy smile*

Best Answer

It reduces the tiny little la<x>yer of learned civilization in us that makes live livable socially, whether raised in a city, in a jungle or in the desert. There are only two means or tools by which you can learn a person's inner feelings, character, temper, constitution: Alcohol and Sex. With these two, masks falls inevitably. These can be very shameful experiences. Already the Romans knew this: "In vino veritas"... there is truth in the wine... so, nothing new under the sun.

Best Answer

I am a person who can be me any time any place and I dont drink. My wife goes the other direction. She cannot do sober what she does while drinking. she is a natural flirt but when she drinks it fully comes out. When she drinks she likes to go to the ***** clubs and *****, she likes being naked and being touched. She has no regret's the next day, but cant do the same things without booze. So as far as my wife goes, YES it brings out the real her. She says NO but keeps doing the same thing.

Best Answer

No, drinking lessens their ability to have good judgment and control themselves.

Best Answer

In vino veritas.

Best Answer

Your uninhibited personality comes out, that's as real as any personality that you've got.

Best Answer

It depends on the person I would think, not eveybodies the same when their drunk.

Best Answer

Yes, trust me I have had more than my fair share of experiences with drunks, Alcohol lowers inhabitions and the real person comes out... So if you have someone that is an ******* everytime they drink... Guess what, they're an *******...

Best Answer

Kind of.<br />
I think instincts that we normally suppress are coming out easier when we're in that state.

Best Answer