Not only his lunch, but breakfast and snacks too.... and set up the coffee maker for him? It's something that came up in conversation with others lately and they thought it odd that he does not do this himself, or that I'd even consider doing it for him EVERY DAY. Yea - sometimes it's a pain in the butt, but really... it's only a few minutes of my time so not that big of a deal. He drives for a living so he's on the road all day, doesn't have an office with a microwave or a "lunch break" like normal people. Am I crazy? Is this outdated? I think it keeps him eating healthier and saves us money. (and yes, I'm, aware that he's still buying soda, candy or chips when he wants them... no big deal)
Creamsicle Creamsicle 41-45, F 31 Answers Jun 19, 2012

No it means you love your husband and meet his needs

Best Answer

I think it's a very loving thing to do, and I love hearing that you do that for him.

Best Answer

I find it very sweet too do those loving things for him.. we are to honor and cherish our spouse and thats a great way of showing our love and dedication

Best Answer

As long as you are happy doing it for him it is Not weird at all, it's very sweet.

Best Answer

No, it's not weird at all. It's really sweet and awesome. He's lucky to have you.

Best Answer

haha - don't I know it.... not sure he does though!

Best Answer

you give him a reason to remember you with every bite he takes :) it's good for so many reasons.

Best Answer

I do the same thing and find nothing weird about it ...

Best Answer

never live by other peoples standards...do what is right for you. Anyway what would he eat if you did not make it.....

Best Answer

slim jims, mountain dew and all kinds of crap - I kinda like him to be slightly healthier in hopes he'll live longer! lol

Best Answer

Very sweet of you. The only potential issues are it may make him lazy and take you for granted. So as you add love notes I am sure as a woman you can come up with some plan that will ensure he will reciprocate with the occasional present and / or surprise for you too?

Best Answer

lol. I do the EXACT same thing! put a love note in there once in a while too.

Best Answer

Me too!!!!

Best Answer

Not weird at all, and my wife often packs my lunch for me as well. I think it's sweet and I truely appreciate it. I even find a little love note on occasion when I open up the cooler, makes my day. I have always thought that the little things we do for each other can often mean more than the big ones. Good for you!

Best Answer

I'd say that it is very good of you to do that. I trust that hubby is appreciative.

Best Answer

It's not weird at all. You're saving quite a bit of money by doing this. A package of lunch meat, lettuce and bread will last all week. The same money will buy one meal. Plus you know his lunch is made under sanitary conditions.

Best Answer

No I did all that for my Ex husband and work 40 hours aweek .i would do it all over again ..

Best Answer

He's so lucky. I have always had to make my own lunch, my kids' lunches too. Then I take my wife's dinner up to her every night. How do you spell "dysfunctional?"

Best Answer

I think its great!!!!!! I just hope he shows you how much he appreciates it

Best Answer

Its one of the most important services you are performing and i bet you people are one of the happiest living couple

Best Answer

I don't think it's weird. I use to do the same thing for my ex-husband. I hope he appreciates you.

Best Answer

It's sweet.

Best Answer

I would not say that is weird I would say that is a very caring and loving thing to do.

Best Answer

I know a Canadian woman who does that for her husband. Truth be told... I'm jealous! I can do all of that for myself and I'm more likely to make coffee or dinner for my wife but wouldn't it be awesome to someone do that for ME?!

Best Answer