I've been best friends with this girl for 10 years. She met a guy a year ago, and now they are engaged to be married. somewhere along the way, he and I became good friends. We talk on the phone and text nearly every day. She knows most of the conversations we have, not because she looks through our phones, but because we openly tell her what we talk about, because we want her to be part of the conversation, too. Recently I've been told that it's very odd that he and I are such close friends. Close enough friends that, say he needs a ride to the gas station for cigs, and she's busy, she'll ask me to take him. (The gas station is a 25 minute drive one way.)
simplencountry simplencountry 22-25, F 6 Answers Oct 15, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Yes it's weird. I think there is a connection between the two of you. I would not feel<br />
comfortable with it if he was my man, but do what u please

Best Answer

I've talked openly with her about it. I call him my big brother, and he tells everyone I'm his baby sis. She always says she would rather know that when she's not around he's talking to someone she trusts, than to not have any idea who he's talking to or what he's doing.

Best Answer

So you don't feel any attraction to him? I'm not judging u, I just am feeling you two have something, maybe I'm wrong

Best Answer

Not at all. If I had just walked by this guy on the street, or if he had come to me and asked me out, I would have instantly said no. He is no one I would ever be attracted to. I can see HER attraction to him, but there is nothing there for me.

Best Answer

Ok then ,I think your safe you can be friends:)

Best Answer

lol. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that both of them know I only have eyes for one man in the universe.

Best Answer

Well you didn't mention that part, i was thinking you were single for some weird reason. Lol

Best Answer

No I'm friends with my best friends husband and have been friends with both of them for 36 years-am meeting all the grandchildren at thanksgiving-Babysat and the kids are grown and miss me and want me to meet their children-cool huh? Best thanksgiving I've had in years

Best Answer

I don't find it weird, I find it to be flirting with danger~ on both your parts ... even if you don't realize it, but you do realize it, or you wouldn't have asked this here.

Best Answer

Honestly, I hadn't given it much thought until someone told me that it was strange and inappropriate. We had never found it weird. It was just our life.. We are family to each other.

Best Answer

If it works....that's cool~

Best Answer

someone is trying to start trouble for you all! ALSO IT IS NOT ANYBODY'S BUSINESS WHAT YOU THREE DO ANYWAYS!their trying to crack one of you so you all three need to find out who it is and take that person out of your group of friends!

Best Answer

Thank you! It was actually a mutual friend between he and I. He found out how often we talk, and started saying how weird it is that he and I are friends, and talk all the time, and asking how SHE (being sure he never said her name, always calling her SHE) felt about it.. I said she doesn't mind. He said I'm sure SHE doesn't. it's nice how close you two are. I'm sure she's happy about it.

Best Answer

awesome! keep your friends close and your enemies closer!

Best Answer