halbert halbert 46-50, M 9 Answers Nov 11, 2012 in Hobbies

It is an interesting question given that scientists tell us that the frequency and severity of hurricanes and other storms hitting our coastal areas is likely to increase in the coming years.

Best Answer

I believe it is because that's what insurance is for. I find it particularly ob<x>jectionable that taxes are spent on re-building in areas that we know will be hit by similar storms again....it makes no finacial sense.

Best Answer

Well said.

Best Answer

No, of course that's not wrong. Those in need should always be helped.

Best Answer

Not talking about helping them cope with a disaster. I'm talking about paying to rebuild in coastal areas where private insurance companies will not risk insuring. For example if you live in a flood prone area that no private insurance company will insure, and you get flooded. Isn't it ridiculous to expect a government bailout to rebuild in the same place?

Best Answer

Why not cause I know if a tornado tears through my town I would like some help rebuilding-that is when taxes pay back. I want a government that cares about me to some degree

Best Answer

What is insurance for?

Best Answer

The greatness of our country is that we can and do look out for our own- good or bad, so yes I am ok with it even if the insurance companies would not cover or it was too expensive. Some of these people lost their whole lives - instead of being nit picky, have some compassion

Best Answer

Of course. They should have bought insurance. Wait, they could not afford because insurance companies told them that a storm could destroy if they build there.

Best Answer