2Emotionz 2Emotionz 22-25, F 26 Answers May 28, 2009

Not at all. Having a boyfriend or girlfriend, or a spouse for that matter, does not mean that you should lose your individuality and social life. As long as you don't do things that you know will make your partner unhappy, I think it will be healthy if we continue to cultivate friendships outside of our steady relationship.

Best Answer

Having friends is never wrong. Where it might become difficult is when your significant other expresses an unrealistic "concern"-- although it's more likely to do with their own insecurity, and not a " I trust you not him" situation- which they will try to insist is the real reason. If you care a lot for your boyfriend, try to explain and reassure him that he has nothing to worry about. Just for the record, as much as boys don't want their gfs having male friends- girls don't want their bfs having female ones either.

Best Answer

No its not wrong. I have been with my bf for 2 years and had my male best friend for 22. The only difference is you need to hold back a little bit more when making new male friends while in an established relationship, in that no friendly hugs etc until to know well enough their intentions. I made the mistake of befriending my boyfriends ex-best friend only for him to randomly start hitting on me. It destroyed their friendship, not nice. But theres nothing wrong with having genuine male friends hun, just dont make the mistake of keeping friends secret from your other half thinking he'll react badly, in the event he finds out and really does suspect somethings going on. x

Best Answer

It is if your boyfriend doesn't know about them. It is if you are saying or doing things that your boyfriend wouldn't approve of.

Best Answer

i asked this same question because i am married now, but i get along better with guys then girls.. my husband doens't like me constantly with my guy firends even though they are more fun than girls..

someone answered the question like this:

"The thing is, guys only say they are just your friend. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't be friends with a guy at all. Most guys can genuinely think of a woman as a friend, only no matter what a guy says, he is also thinking of you as a potential sexual partner. Period. Unless he's gay."

Best Answer

nah. dont think so - as long as you dont make another boyfriend among your male friends.

Best Answer

No, and it's the same the other way round. My closest friends have always been women.

Mizz

Best Answer

It's not wrong to have friends as long as you follow the unwritten rules. never treat your friends better than your love and never be to flirty or sleep with your friends, if you follow the rules then your love will see and eventually trust you enough or leave your ***. but if your just secretly shopping for someone better under your lovers nose than no you don't deserve friends or the person your with.

Best Answer

Not at all. And if your bf objects too much, DUMP HIM. He is just trying to a controlling jerk.

Best Answer

Is it wrong? NO of course not BUT, realistically most men are insecure especially around other men. I find that women tend to be the same. SO I would believe that naturally your man may not feel comfortable, just as you might not feel happy with him hanging around women. As we all know, no matter how hot we look there is always someone more tempting just around the corner. Have you noticed how other women have a thing for men who are already taken?

Best Answer

It's not wrong for you.....but, your boyfriend will probably not be comfortable with it, but that would be his own issues.....As long as the male friendships are platonic, and you don't cross any lines....the gender of your friend shouldn't matter.....

Best Answer

No I have a bf and a boy friend my bf doesn't care if I sometimes play with my boy friend

Best Answer

No, I am lucky to have an understanding bf that trusts me. I also want to be understanding as to how he feels but I really don't want to loose my friendship bonds I got started with them before he came into the picture. I have an ex though that I am considering ending our friendship with because he has no respect for my bf and it's become an issue. I want to eventually marry my bf and feel he is not a friend I can keep. It's tough but I don't want to wreck the relationship I have with him in favor of one that has the potential to hurt this main one.

Best Answer

Nope. As long As you dont have "Sex" with them Or "cheat" your BF in any conditions. ;)

*I have only guy friends*

Best Answer

no if you are faithful and honest with your boyfriend he should trust you, try including him when you go do stuff with your other friends..

Best Answer

Course not! I have a boyfriend who I love, and at the same time I have tons of male friends because in general I get on with them so much more than girls. I'm friendly towards them, I hug them when I meet them, I go out with them without my boyfriend always being there, he doesn't know them all...but I'm not interested in any of them romantically, so it's not a problem for us.

Best Answer

yes it is. not really.

Best Answer

well no..but its certainly not easy...

weve tried this and it just didnt work out, i dont like my bf spending a lot of his free time with another woman..ITS WEIRD! and it drives him nuts when i hang out with other guys so we just dont do it...we have friends of the opposite sex but ALL of us get a long so we hang out together...good luck hun..maybe it will work out for you..

Best Answer

Absolutely not--I'm a firm believer (always have been) that men and women can be friends--enjoy your boyfriends as you do your girlfriends.

Best Answer

I think as long as they are just friends and not like an extra boyfriend or something then it is ok

Best Answer