I feel that being gay strains my relationship with my mother and the rest of my family. My dad disowned me and my mom always says how she doesn't want me to marry a man. My grandma doesn't know but she doesn't accept it. I can't help but to have hidden resentment towards the people closest to me.
kylecolez kylecolez 18-21, M 12 Answers Mar 12 in Parenting & Family

dude... its them thats not close to YOU. Its not you... You didn't do it... unfortunately :/

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

I agree with chimbie, you're not pushing them away, they're pushing you away.<br />
You can't help it if people are ignorant and don't accept you for who you are, you will one day.<br />
:)

Best Answer

to hell with them...be yourself and let them adjust

Best Answer

www.purepassion.us

Best Answer

They are the ones that are pushing you away. But all you can do is give it time. They will either grow to accept you or they never will. And if they don't, that's their loss. You should surround yourself with people who love and accept you for who YOU are. And I realize you can't choose your family but you can choose friends who make the pain of your family not accepting you a lot less.. well, painful.

Best Answer

Just go on with your life, if your "Family" does not support you, then they are not really a family at all.

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

It's not you: it's them. They are being selfish and small minded by shutting you out and wanting to change who you are...<br />
I'm straight, but my mom hates me because I'm successful... it sounds dumb because it is, and filling that void can feel impossible, though I do have an 'adopted family' who help when I need a squeeze... make your friends your family, and in due time, your kin should come around... <br />
Nothing should ever be worth losing you over. &lt;3

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

I have an aunt that is gay and she is not friends with my family because they are anti gay

Best Answer

that sounds so ****** , sucks to be gay

Best Answer

:( I'm sorry.

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

it is what it is, no right or wrong about it, everyone has different circumstances

Best Answer