My Ex is very adamant that we can stay friends and be like we were...so we've been working at it. We talk every day about what's going on in our lives, we make it a point to converse as much as possible. So i'm sitting there today telling him i'm going on a date with a guy...and he starts acting jealous. Automatically putting the guy down, the whole idea down...and in general acting like a spurned lover. Am I wrong in thinking a friendship should entail being honest about our love lives?
m2extreme m2extreme 31-35, F 7 Answers Jun 2, 2011

I don't think there is anything wrong you can say to your ex. If they don't like what you say it's not like they can break up with you again. lol

Best Answer

i might use that line. lol

Best Answer

My ex is dating a guy right now who seem's like a nice guy. I'm happy and proud of her for moving on and getting back out there. Sounds like he just wants to be friends so he can still control you to some extent if he's a true friend he'd be supportive and helpfull and excited for you he's obviously not wanting to be friends he's wanting to keep tab's on you. He hasnt gotten over you yet men take longer than most women think they do. women think men say later and are out with someone else when in actuality men are home crying in there beer wishin they had her back I think women handle breakups better than men!

Best Answer

Doesn't sound like he can really be your "friend" if he still can't stand the thought of you with someone else. That is usually the reason ex-lovers CAN'T just move into the friendship zone right away.One or both have to wait awhile, until the residual feelings go away...

Best Answer

You are not wrong. It is your life and you shouldn't have to hide things or feel uncomfortable speaking about normal regular things going on like dating. If he is going to make you feel uncomfortable or like you need to lie than that is not a good friendship. if he is your friend he is going to have to let you go and wish you happiness, or he can't be your friend. If not than it's a burden not a friendship.

Best Answer

if i cared what my ex thought she wouldnt be my ex

Best Answer

You're not wrong,, but ex's don't really want to hear about that stuff unless they're at peace with how your relationship is with them.

Best Answer

ya for sure...he seemed fine with it at first, then started making snide comments...just kindof left it at that. He's still stewing over it.

Best Answer