Plenty through history: The rounding up of Japanese Americans by FDR in WWII, Jim Crow laws, Slavery laws, et cetera
DarknessCalls DarknessCalls 41-45, T 2 Answers Jan 12 in Doing Good

Its better if you break unjust lawyers.

Best Answer

No. It may be your duty to help change them.. but not to "break" them.

Best Answer

So, in the case of the dispossessed Japanese, you would have just let them suffer until the laws could be changed? In the case of slavery, which contined sixty years after it was supposed to end, you would have sat back and not helped escaped slaves, and in Nazi Germany, you would have tried to help change the laws that allowed them to round up the Jews?

Best Answer

How do you propose that my breaking the law could in any way help those that you mention had I been alive at the time???

Best Answer

Irena Sendler saved over 2,500 Polish Jews during World War II. BUT, she broke the law in so doing. Does that make her a bad person?

Best Answer

You didn't answer my question.

Best Answer

Yes I did answer. Irena Sendler did it 2500 times. But I guess you're saying that you would do nothing unless you could be guaranteed your own backside was safe

Best Answer

DarknessCalls : Just what have you done in your life as your duty to break unjust laws???

Best Answer