rain777 rain777 41-45, F 10 Answers Jul 4 in Hobbies

No. Jesus never considered himself equal to God. On the contrary, Jesus repeatedly showed that he was subordinate to Jehovah. For example, Jesus referred to Jehovah as “my God” and “the only true God.” (Matthew 27:46; John 17:3) Only a subordinate would use such ex<x>pressions in referring to another. A worker who refers to his employer as “my boss” or “the one in charge” is clearly assuming an inferior position.

Best Answer
Best Answer

I take it you've lost your bible?

Best Answer

Depends on which copy of the bible you read.

Best Answer

That's what a Christian would say.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

Mark 12:28 28And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the most important of all?” 29Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” 32And the scribe said to him, “You are right, Teacher. You have truly said that he is one, and there is no other besides him. 33And to love him with all the heart and with all the understanding and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” 34And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And after that no one dared to ask him any more questions.

John 14:28 You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Best Answer

This was at at time when Jesus was in human form(his earthly mission) and was yet to rise from the dead and ascend ...and given all authority ...all three person of the godhead are equal and co existent .

Best Answer

That is not a bible teaching there is only one true God his name is Jehovah.

(Isaiah 42:8) 8 I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images.

(Philippians 2:5, 6) 5 Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.

Best Answer

The bible says, Jesus said that he and his father are one.

Best Answer

Jesus and his father is united with the same mind and in the same line of thought.
Christians should also be united with the same mind as Christ.

John 10:30: I and the Father are one."

(John 10:38) But if I am doing them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, so that you may come to know and may continue knowing that the Father is in union with me and I am in union with the Father.”

(John 17:21) so that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me.

(1 Corinthians 1:10) 10 Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.

Best Answer

Depends how good a game he had.

Best Answer

According to the Bible, there is one God, but according to some interpretations of the Bible, there are 3 gods, whom all have the same purpose, or desire to bring about the same results - Thus "one" is more figurative, and there are three separate beings.

Best Answer

There is only one true God not 3.

(Isaiah 45:18) 18 For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the [true] God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited: “I am Jehovah, and there is no one else.

The Greatest Commandment

(Deuteronomy 6:1-19; Matthew 22:34-40)

28 One of the scribes came, and heard them questioning together. Knowing that he had answered them well, asked him, "Which commandment is the greatest of all?" 29Jesus answered, "The greatest is, 'Hear, Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one: 30you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment. 31The second is like this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." 32The scribe said to him, "Truly, teacher, you have said well that he is one, and there is none other but he, 33and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbor as himself, is more important than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices." 34When Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the Kingdom of God." No one dared ask him any question after that.

Best Answer

According to the Christian creation myth we are all part of god so we must all be god.

Best Answer

And where did you read that?

Best Answer

Strange book called the bible. Says gods omnipresent therefore we are all part of god. If god created everything and only god existed before that, everything was made from god.

Best Answer

Actually, the Bible speaks of God as having a specific place of dwelling—the heavens. It records a prayer of King Solomon in which he called upon God: “May you yourself listen from the heavens, your established place of dwelling.” (1 Kings 8:43) When teaching his disciples how to pray, Jesus Christ told them to address their prayers to “Our Father in the heavens.” (Matthew 6:9) After his resurrection, Christ entered “into heaven itself, now to appear before the person of God,” states the Bible.—Hebrews 9:24.
These verses clearly indicate that Jehovah God dwells, not everywhere, but only in heaven.

Best Answer

massenger

Best Answer