perseverer perseverer 51-55, F 14 Answers Nov 20, 2012 in Politics

Neither, only through wisdom and reflection

Best Answer

best answer

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer

windlion, I think you are referring to Vaclav Havel's Velvet Revolution in Czechoslovakia. The movement was named after the 'Velvet Underground' rock group, which was influential among Czech dissidents. Western music represented freedom of expression, (since it was outlawed under communism). His revolution was also called "Velvet" because it was so smooth, without bloodshed, etc.

Adding my two sense to the question: revolution brings about justice, but you can't really have true justice without some form of revolution. (Revolution can happen in a number of ways, including just waking up one day and starting to implement big changes for the better.)

Best Answer

Both can either way. However the way things are going in the usa ... it seems like they want a serious revolution. No sides want to agree, its all bickering, Its almost like John Lennon is calling for Revolution.

Best Answer

Agreeing with many ... but what do you mean? Any kind of violent revolution sets everything back, can just as easily stifle reform as enable it -- remember the Who's "We Won't Get Fooled Again!" (sadly, we may have been). Check out the story of the Russian Mensheviks who argued for peaceful transition and the Bolsheviks that demanded violent overthrow -- or more recently, the story of Vaclav Havel's Violet Revolution in Czechoslovakia.

Best Answer

Justice is achieved by leaving me the hell alone and letting me keep what I earn. Keep the governments small and weak and let each see to his own needs. That's justice.

Best Answer

justice for the individual is rarely achieved through reform or revolution. if an icon of revolution is sacrificed, their death may be vindicated.

Best Answer

Isn't revolution just accelerated reform?

Best Answer

You have to have both or what would be the point of revolution x

Best Answer