1daybyday 1daybyday 22-25, F 16 Answers Sep 13, 2009

If a species is going extinct and captive breeding could save the species..yes it is very justified..but keeping wild animals as pets..or for entertainment? Shame on them.

Best Answer

no but when did that ever stop the bastards

Best Answer

I wonder if there are anyone out there that remembers the Million dollar Sea lion.....I am sure that he would have wanted to stray in a cage.....But someone wanted him to be free in the ocean....

For those that do not know the Million dollar Sea lion story...Well here it is....

When the tanker Valdez ran aground and made an oil slick...Well....there was need to save as many Oil covered wild animals that could be saved......And there was this sea lion that became the mascot of the attempt....The path of this little sea lion was followed for a long time....From the original rescues...and the cleaning of the oil.....the vet visits to cure him of the petroleum poison......and so forth...Well he was taken to the school to help teach of the evils of oil tankers......

Well the great day came that it would be released back into the wild....thousands were there to watch...Television cameras were there to put the Happy Sea lion on the telly....Well the time came.....The door to the cage was opened...and the happy Sea lion ran back into the ocean...It spun around twice....To the cheers of the crowd....and then it happened....That even bigger Orka....(Killer Whale to some)....Well this Orka was hungry...And I guess he heard of the release...and wanted a quick snack....Tell the Sea lion went to the ocean....and up came that Orka....and down he went into the mouth of that great black and white Orka.....

So I have to ask...What would have been better for this Sea lion.....To die from the Oil.....to stay in a cage and play behind bars......Or to have that last brief moment free in the ocean...Right before he was bitten in half for a televised snack....You tell me

Best Answer

yes.... animals are animals

Best Answer

Hi 1daybyday

necessary because of destruction of habitat but where is the justice in it?

:)

Best Answer

Sure, their animals aren't they?

Best Answer

To save a species then yes. For entertainment purposes then definitely no.

Best Answer

I don't you could say it is justified, but sometimes it's necassary, to save a species. It's horrible that it has to be done.

Best Answer

once you can meet the needs of all there naturall instincts and let them be the animal that they are, then yes. and also, luckypickles answer

Best Answer

Singer 1960, such is the nature of life in that kingdom - so to speak. You take all the sea lions out what do you think happens to the food chain? On the other hand who will feed the ouka'? Your government or maybe the redcross? These animals want to be free which ever way we look at it.

Best Answer

what sort of captivity? zoos are ok, but if people are doing it residentially it is wrong.

By residential captivity(normal, non-zookeeper/non-vets), I don't mean simply keeping it in the home which is safe and healthy for it(I take mine out on leashes though even though they are cats). I mean keeping the pet in a cage in the home--if it is dog, cat. If it is an animal which must be kept in a cage, like hampsters, mice, snakes, lizards, at least let them out of the cage under supervision once in awhile. Fish never leave their tanks because they'd die otherwise. A spider...personally I wouldn't ever remove it from the cage, which is maybe why I don't have one--I really don't like them. It depends on what sort of animal you have. For some animals they are kept in a cage much of the time but are occasionally let out and it is fine(like a bird), for others like cats or dogs, keeping them in a cage at home is cruel.

As people have said, in a zoo, wild animals are much safer than they are in the wild, and happier.

Best Answer

I'm not ready to be a vegetarianAnd if I let my dogs run loose the neighbors would complain.

Best Answer

i dont think so anytime i go a shelter or 'pet store" i feel horified for them wanting to get out of that cage so bad....

Best Answer

hmmm---my cat pretty much comes and goes as he pleases..sometimes when I take him with me on trips--he is pretty much kept captive......I don't know whether it's justified or not -- and I don't care :).

Best Answer

my cats are fine with it. they are safe and warm and well fed, catered to actually.

oh, you mean zoos? maybe, maybe not. but it's just been going on for so long.........we're not going to stop it now....it EDUCATIONAL, after all.......

Best Answer