when i kill someone in the act of protecting something important,i am sent to prison..but when a soldier kills an enemy soldier they are given medals..in both acts a life is taken in the act of protecting but one is considered good and another is considered bad..to me both are bad..who gave the right to take someone's life..you will say he is enemy like that..but he too is a human with a heart..he too has a family..why are they awarded for killing?? why?? don't they understand the value of life??
CloudNinjaForever CloudNinjaForever 18-21, M 11 Answers Jun 3, 2012

How exactly is something that you are capable of doing 'wrong' that is what you really need to be asking yourself. What exactly is 'wrong' about it?

Best Answer

the greater good principle. a soilder kills for his country(presumably) while a civilian acting in self defense kills for himself or a minimum amount of people. there is evil that must be vanquised.

Best Answer

don't you dare speak that way..every life is equal..DO YOU GET IT..EQUAL..

Best Answer

o. you believe one life equates to millions?

Best Answer

i believe that life should not be equated in numbers..just because someone is being a threat to a million people you kill him..how can you do that?? who are you to judge him?? you ain't god?? what if he changes and helps 2 million people in future?? no one has the right to end a life even in act of protection..i am saying about every single person even the one you said that will hurt millions he too has no right to kill anyone..we should learn to respect and love human life..

Best Answer

so you'll be ok with not killing someone even though they have killed millions?

Best Answer

what if we turn it around a bit and say we were in a situation where one choice saves 1 million people, and another choice saves your loved one; wife, mother, father, idk. Which would you choose? How does that choice impact the original question? If you choose to save 1 mil, and let your loved one die, then aren't you in a sense killing the murderer?

Best Answer

I think there is a way to protect or save the millions of lives without killing. If the case truly was that the only way to save them was to kill one person then sure do it, but there is no way that we would ever know that

Best Answer

yes... What is the point of killing that person? You can imprison that person. I obviously wouldn't let that person run free and continue killing. But I really don't think that the individual is themselves if they are killing people. I think they are dealing with problems and that is the result. Of course everyone has the ultimate decision themselves, but what about all the trials and tribulations that that individual has faced. Perhaps they dealt with their probs the wrong way and got too lost but i think there is hope for them still. I know it is hard to forgive someone for causing such death and I think if it directly impacted or someone I loved was killed I would struggle with forgiving them. I also know that this frame of mind is more clear then it would be if I was dealing with a lost loved one. And now I think that everyone deserves the chance to be forgiven. Who am I to make assumptions and pretend like I know what I would do having lived in that individuals shoes.

Best Answer

some people just deserve to die,,

Best Answer

Best Answer

I've always held the belief that no killing is right. Of course In this world killing will happen and everyone has to make a choice If that time comes. From a philosophical pov I believe everyone can change and, though I haven't sorted this belief out yet, I think everyone has a purpose to fulfill and everyone can change and become a good person no matter what they have done.

Best Answer

yeah may be

Best Answer

Yes I felt there was no need to mention that people with severe mental problems are excluded. Of course, I know it is hard to define people with mental probs, but I believe there is a fine line.

Best Answer

Doubt any soldier would want to think about the people they kill nor ther families. In almost all cases you cant take away a life without hurting at least sevreal people. Who are then left with the pain. Everyone basicly self justice murder/death. In such a sick world as we are, I find the death penalty to be the worst. Oddly enough. Cause I can understand war, vigilanty etc. While death penalty is disgusting in so many ways. Cause its supposed to be about jugdment, fairness. Ther is nothing fair even with a "penalty" that involves death. Which makes death so hypocritical in so many ways. Cause people today, at least like half. Have justified to themself how death penalty is okey, or good. Yet may be oposed to war, killing etc. Which I think is far more worse. Self deception and brainwash that has gone into that. Caveman style honestly, lol. But proves one thing anyway, that at least half or most people dont know anything about life.

Best Answer

Wrong there is no excuse. That aies to animals too who do u think you are?

Best Answer

Its the nature's law that either u must kill or be killed.. exactly the same picture as we see in wildlife... regarding the soldiers and the ones who kill to protect someone i think they both are one and the same person.. a soldier kills someone to protect their country and people in while.. while if u or me does the same thing we wouldn't do anything bad but its against the law because we are not authorized to kill.. in the eyes of human law we are common people having no knowledge(whom to kill) and right to kill anyone..

Best Answer

Welcome to the age old conundrum.

Best Answer