if your feelings hurt your parents at least you're being true to yourself. and no, they're not your enemy unless you or them decide to be. you know, growing up you had to accept them for what they were, and in the end, they will have to do the same

Best Answer

penis in ur mouth

Best Answer

Because of this I have not spoken to my parents in nearly 3 years. Follow your heart

Best Answer

The parent relationship is one of the strangest relationships of all. Possibly one of the main hurdles is that neither kids nor parents want the other to think less of them. And when that hurdle has been damaged, it leaves an empty dynamic that seems needed in our lives. Perhaps we instinctively know this. But since my parents died a few years back, I've had the chance to examine things outside of such a relationship. Unless the relationship is badly damaged in other ways, any hurt or disappointment will always pass. As a parent myself, it is more the long term habitual lies or betrayals that threaten the ties of love and family. In the end, most parents just want their kids to be happy.

Best Answer

Parents should never be your enemy. And you should never lie to yourself. And you should find a way to talk with your parents as they can be your best allies. <br />
We so get hung up on "they are old fashion", "they are strict", "they don't understand" that we forget the love they have for us, the concerns they have that you would have for your own children. Talking to your parents shouldn't be hard. If it is, perhaps it's because you know you are doing something wrong (drinking/smoking/sexing). Or it's just that they are making you do things you wish you could just skip. Your parents are they to guide you, to show you how to be successful in love and in life.<br />
If you are not honest with your parents where you need to be, then they can not help you and love you, which is really all they want to do.

Best Answer

I don't think that being a lesbian is bad. My mom should accept me for who i am not ignore it...

Best Answer

I agree with you! but we also have to understand the perspective of a parent, your parent. It's a new world to her, she may have had other expectations to look forward to. Parents can't help that, it's what we do. But in the long run, if your happy she will be happy, and my come around to understanding, accepting you. Don't refuse her from your life, because she hasn't jumped on board with you. Continue to talk, don't be shy about yourself, or your loves. Just be delicate to her needs, as she is as entitled to hers as you are to yours.
The Peace, Love and Happiness we all want begins in you

Best Answer

Or your parents are psychotic control freaks- not everyone was raised by Ward and June. There are Child abusers out there, Pollyanna

Best Answer

Children are not here to fulfill parents' expectations-forcing them to relinquish who they are to do so is abuse. If the mother can't come around on her own too bad, her loss. She has to love her child without conditions as God loves us or be damned for her failure. Abusive parents do not get honored

Best Answer

There is no question that this could be the case. Shall we assume the worst, or the best, just because someone is not "progressive" enough? If Yenne, were being abused by her parents, I hope that she could have said that. she didn't so I have no reason to believe that she is. And Yes, I admire June Clever. Most should!

Best Answer

You are absolutely right, it is the best parent who can admit that their child is a unique individual worthy of effort in being who they are. But we are also all not perfect. In our perfect world there would be no strife. But we don't live in a perfect world. Allowing others to fail, while we have pride in ourselves is the best we can ask for and the ways and means of true change. Making enemies of people with different ideologies is easy. Making friends and having respect for them requires work. A parent wants the best for their child, (are you a parent?) and in wanting that, they may have an opinion as to what that best is. Failing it to be your or societies best, is not paramount to abuse.

Best Answer

No it isn't worth it. Always make your feelings known!

Best Answer

What if your true feelings hurt your parents?

Best Answer

Too bad- Parents owe children love without strings

Best Answer

Yes, that is true, the best parent gives a child unconditional love. I have two sons, and I hope I have achieved this with them, as they are their own unique individuals and though I might not like their choices I know they need to find their own path. This by no means relinquishing my right to be a guiding light. Thus I offer an opinion to them. If they don't like it, or choose not to take it. That is their right. I still have a right (by my experience in life) to be a solid foundation from which they can build their future. Any Parent that says being gay is wrong, is absolutely wrong, any parent that is concerned their son or daughter is gay, is just being a parent.

Best Answer