eziozi eziozi 41-45, M 5 Answers Dec 25, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

Romantic love is over rated. Love is not.

Best Answer

Depends on what expectations you have of what this love is supposed to be like....

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

No, romance (especially unrealistic Hollywood romance) is.

Best Answer

It's only as good, or over rated, as an individual feels it to be. Everyone views it differently.

Best Answer

As individuals we perceive things differently, I am assuming this is your point. Hence the reason behind people falling in and out of love, enjoying various relationships and having the feeling of being in love with each relationship they may have with a significant other. Maybe I have been lucky with knowing only the love of one woman. Although to the widowed and the twice or thrice married how is their love perceived? By that I mean do they love their first less or more or do I have a different perception on this love thing.

P.S I can't explain love I'm just trying to understand as I see relationships all around me fall apart although they say they are in love.

Best Answer

Yes, as individual we perceive things differently, and that includes love, that was my point yes.

What I am also trying to point out is that, because every different partner you meet is different, that conception of love to each one you are with may be stronger and more meaningful than with others one may have met. As you have been lucky knowing only the love of one woman, most men i your position would have said love was something special. I think in today's day and age, it has become harder because there are so many distractions that, if the love of a couple is not as strong as first though, one partner can lose interest, feeling that partner has not quite met their expectations. That may be that perhaps because people set their standards to high, and are trying to chase that never ending gold nugget, or because they haven't grasped, or yet grasped what it means to truly be in love and having a strong bond that is more everlasting. An everlasting relationship is a lot rarer nowadays.

Best Answer

*individuals

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate the different perspective. it's good to know it's not just me who thinks this way. Going by your reply maybe I'm one of the lucky ones who gets it or as you put it grasped it.

Best Answer

I think you are one of the lucky ones for sure yes. I would have preferred to meet a long term soul mate, but alas was unlucky enough to find one that could maintain love and commitment for the longer term, or as long as yours anyway. I'm not complaining of course; I have had some great relationships, but I would have liked one as long lasting as yours.

Best Answer

23 years and counting, ups and downs of course who doesn't. I just don't understand at times when people say they love each other then soon after their with another partner. You seem to be such a genuine guy and for whatever reason you haven't found your soulmate, for that I do sympathise. All I ever see is guys hitting on women for all the wrong reasons and all woman seem to want are genuine guys like yourself. I do wish you happiness and good fortune in the future.

Best Answer

Thank you. I have just been unlucky not quite finding the one who I feel at one with at completely compatible. But I can't complain with how my life has unfolded so I look at the positives anyway. That one true love may still come one day.

23 years years and counting is impressive.of course you are going to get up and downs; every relationship does. I agree, i don't understand how people are soon after with another partner. it personally takes me a while before I do, although I do try to move on quickly because you can't live in the past anyway. I wish you all the best with your one current and only love, and all the happiness and good luck in the future as well.

Best Answer