no, its ba<x>sed on logic and human conscience. It is a philosophical issue, not a religious one. religion is a false means of understanding. religion is a sick joke meant to comfort and delude people by asking them to blindly adhere to illogical dogma set forth by an invisible man in the sky thatwatches and judges everything you do. Im a spiritual person here to say that religion and religious doctrine have absolutely no true connection to a compassionate, loving, open minded and spiritual existance. Intuition, logic and conscience is all i have ever needed to know what is right. ii do not believe that there is a divine being declaring the rightness or wrongness of anything, nor do i believe that any religious sect has a clear grasp of morality.

Best Answer

what she said!

Best Answer

lol^^ awe thanks

Best Answer

Every sane person understands right from wrong, religious or not.

Best Answer

You do understand that every concept.. written word.. and forced belief.. IS written by a person in teh flesh.. yes?

Best Answer

Frak no.

Best Answer

Yes, though indirectly rather than directly. What I mean is, conscience is a practical moral dictate every human being has, and while some would argue that it is just part of our physiology somehow, I would argue that it is placed there by God and is His voice. True; a conscience can be sincere, informed and certain and yet still be erroneous. But generally, all consciences seem to be generally agreed about the fundamental rights and wrongs of life.

Best Answer

Religions around the world have had much influence on cultures and societies. Would society be different if religions didn't exist - I think so and much beauty, art, literature, etc. would have been lost. Religion does not equal God although so many confuse these definitions to be synonymous which they are not.

Best Answer

much art, beauty and literature has been lost....by religious people burning the previous set of beliefs in order to make way for their own.

Best Answer

You are correct. Much has been lost to ignorance but if religion didn't exist at all - ALL would have been lost. Our world wouldn't have been the same without the many religions.

Best Answer

Puritans

Best Answer

For some people; others don't need a supernatural reason to do what's right. Plus everyone has their own definition of what is moral or right.

Best Answer

No, it needn't be. Most people, even those with no religious affiliation, have some definition of right and wrong behaviour.

Best Answer

No. Right and wrong IMHO, are hard wired into the psyche of any somewhat stable person, and a lot of the unstable ones!!

Best Answer

Evolutionary Psychology, I would say.... Though I believe in God.

Best Answer

Not necessarily.

Best Answer

Not for me.Never been to church,but i have a moral code i live by.

Best Answer