I am an athiest so please no religious orderings... my friend was killed via strangulation in 1981, and I'm still trying to come to terms. He was thirteen/fourteen years old at the time.
Oscenred Oscenred 46-50, M 16 Answers Dec 7, 2012 in Parenting & Family

I believe the body is like a glove..and your "Soul,/Spirit,/Energy" is like a hand inside the glove...the body may die...but the "Soul,/Spirit,/Energy" lives on.. Do I believe that your friend`s "Soul,/Spirit,/Energy" is sitting on a cloud playing a harp?...no...but it goes somewhere..

Best Answer

Well then you take solace in knowing that the elements that he is made up of will eventually make up another life form just as the elements in all of us where from another life form before us. On a deeper level some parts of him are imprinted on you, that you in turn will imprint on others, and in that way some piece of him will live on forever. I too am an Atheist and lost my father when I was 11 years old. This is at least how I choose to see face mortality.

Best Answer

I don't think you need to be so strict in your atheism that you can't believe there is something beyond this life. I don't believe in God because I haven't seen the evidence for his existence but I wouldn't discount the idea that we do continue on in some way after this life ends.

Best Answer

You are an agnostic. An atheist is someone who does not believe in God.

Best Answer

Thanks, but I don't think it matters. Most people stare blankly at you if you tell them you're agnostic.

Best Answer

I don't see how you could be an atheist and believe int he supernatural, that seems like a huge conflict of interest.

Best Answer

If you do believe in heaven, your friend is Ina better place. Sorry for your loss. Good friends are hard to find.

Best Answer

What part of 'athiest' are you not understanding?

Best Answer

I completely understand. I just do not share that belief. Just trying to be nice. It doesn't offend me that you are an atheist, why are you so curt that I am not?

Best Answer

When you die your life ends. Otherwise it wouldn't be called death.<br />
There can be no life after death, because death is the absence of life

Best Answer

I'm going through the same with my Mom being deceased going on 3 months now, I know she's gone and would love to see or feel her present but I know that she is gone for good and never coming back, sorry for your loss.

Best Answer

Death comes for us all. Sorry for your loss. I just lost a friend last week. He was only 23. Though he is gone and he was young, his life was complete. It is a sad thought. He loved life and lived it in the fullest. Think of happy memories and he will live on in them. </3

Best Answer

He will always be in your memory. Yes he is gone.

Best Answer

No, I am a zombie master and I shall bring him back from the grave as a soldier in my army of the risen dead. <sarcasm. Yes, death is permanent. It is the only thing in life that is certain, and when it comes, it is forever.

Best Answer

I am an athiest as well. Your friend is dead forever. For all of eternity. There is no way to bring him back. You have my condolences, and if there's anything you need I will be more than willing to offer myself to help you get over this, but I am sorry to inform you that he is gone.

Best Answer

If you do not want a religious answer...then yes..your friend is dead, rotting in the ground. But there are more ways to keep someone alive, as in keeping their memories alive as you go on

Best Answer

So am I! I believe once you're dead there is no magical kingdom or burning death! Those seem a bit far fetched

Best Answer