please read my other question on my major quarter life crisis for more detailed info on my current situation. i have been told i have situational depression, which makes me want to escape my situation. i have also been told i have clinical depression, which my mother is diagnosed with. these people have said i must not leave town or try to move on because i will only take my problems with me. i am just so sick of it all, and i am desperate to escape this feeling and this daily struggle. i fel like i have no real friends anymore, and i have recently lost the love of my life, she moved on, i have another posted question about this too that you can read. which comes first, the chicken or the egg? i feel like the longer i stay here the worse things get, but i am not financially or emotionally able to leave or move on. sometimes i just want to end it all! i am scared to leave and terrified to stay, sinking into a daily downward spiral of negative thoughts, help!
cuatro cuatro 22-25, M 15 Answers Nov 11, 2009

both. depression is a lot like fear; it causes itself. eg: you don't clean your house, so that makes you depressed. now you can't seem to clean up your house because you're so depressed, and it gets worse, so now you're even more depressed. you said it best yourself, when you're depressed it's like you're "sinking into a daily downward spiral of negative thoughts". and the worse it gets, the worse it gets. :p

Best Answer

isn't it possible that both are feeding each other.

Best Answer

You should probably hang yourself. Everything would get simple in no time.

Best Answer

drink some beer and listen to faith no more

Best Answer

i think, that ussually (other then in chemical imbalences) there is an event that starts it and then it's like a self fueling fire that grows. the depresion takes away your happiness and the lack of happiness makes the depresion even stonger and it eventually one by one it takes over all aspects of your life if aloud to continue. so your question in a way answers its self. yes depresion can cause your life to fall apart and yes, the more your life falls apart the more you will feel depressed. i like literaturegurls answere the best so far. get into a routine that involves some sort of exersize and try as best as you can not to focus all of your attention on negitive things (i know it's hard not to sometimes) also, make a list of goals you want to achieve and try your best to focus on them. good luck

Best Answer

what durban said.

Best Answer

studies have shown that depression is usually caused by an outside trigger. once the process begins it becomes a vicious circle.

Best Answer

enlist in the military and that takes care of all of your problems with money and location and you can get away from the people who are holding you back. it's an option and will give you a purpose.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

Don't you want to consult a professional?
Did you try searching your heart? What would make you happy?

Best Answer

Both. The chicken and the egg both came first. It's called antimony.

Best Answer