She use to be heavier but after we moved she dropped a bunch of weight. When she walks there are indents between where her hips and ribs are. I weighed the other female cats in the house and that are 10 pounds and she is only 6. (theyre all the same age). Is this bad?
KiwiLiv KiwiLiv 18-21, F 9 Answers Jun 15, 2014 in Parenting & Family

Cat's suffer from anorexia, and the number one cause is something traumatic, like moving. I'd bet she's drinking normally, but if you can try to feed her a little more than the others. Staying with a cat while they're eating, and stroking their back is a way to promote eating, and 3-4 extra minutes per meal is a very good investment. As long she's drinking properly, you can do this without vet care, but if she's NOT drinking, take her in ASAP.

Best Answer

she has been drinking, and that you so much

Best Answer

I would take her to the vet just to be sure she is OK.

Best Answer

My cat has a hyperthyroid condition that keeps her too skinny. She is 12 and weighs less than 6 pounds. Very healthy and active, tho.

Best Answer

Maybe she missed where you used to live and so she's a bit depressed??? Idk

Best Answer

she is underweight. You might try a deworming regimen first, then some canned cat food. If that don't help, a trip to the vet is in order.

Best Answer

Shes already been treated for worms. We just started to give her canned cat food

Best Answer

she might have parasites or be stressed out about the move. Needs to be checked by a vet.

Best Answer