feel like these issues are petty, that I would be wasting time if I went to get help, but a close friend has pointed out that she knows they affect me a lot and she's concerned. I find myself really annoying, the things I say or think. I can have little conversations with people who aren't my closest friends, but quite often if I'm sober I can't have a proper one. I very often worry that I'm being left out. I have low self esteem, but not about the way I look, more about the way I act and my personality. I've been told I have no reason for this, but I can't help it. I used to self harm because I used to get annoyed that I couldn't talk to who I wanted or join in properly.. Or did it to help myself calm down if I was really angry or upset. (I did it again yesterday) I often want something bad to happen so that I have an actual reason for feeling bad. I feel like these problems are really trivial, but if they are affecting me, would I be wasting time if I went to see someone abo
filistata filistata 18-21, F 16 Answers Feb 10, 2013 in Emotional Health

They have meds for that.

Best Answer

doesn t sound petty to me. first step is admitting and realizing your problem. you did that. now just need to find right person to talk to. if you a student in colage can get councling from your school . if not you need to find some one eather sit down tell ya parents or call you doc. ask for recomandation . your a adult. so can keep privit. might take few people before find right one to help you. don t give up . make the call!!

Best Answer

Try to be friend your self. You are really all you have. This is important!!! For you.<br />
I get angry with myself and will say **** me.(this is very small) That statement is very<br />
self damaging. I keep trying not to do it.

Best Answer

No better time to get help than as a problem starts!

Best Answer

i dont think its a waste of time to get help

Best Answer

There are such things as small problems, but they are not small if you are conflicting physical or psychological pain / harm to yourself. If you don't feel conformable talking to a close friend or family member about it go talk to a chaplain. It doesn't matter whether you are a religious person or not. Most churches have some one during the day you can talk to about whatever life struggles you may be dealing with and set you on the right direction.<br />
But most of all, it falls on you to face what is conflicting you, and if for some reason you have having trouble getting over your problem it falls on you to get help, because in the end only you can improve yourself. Nothing wrong though for asking for help when you need it!<br />
I hope you can over come your endeavor soon and enjoy what life has to offer!

Best Answer

You care entirely to much about what other might people think, value yourself more and to hell with everyone else.

Best Answer

No, it's never a waste of time when it comes to our health. It will be worth it to get help if you can feel a lot better....

Best Answer

I'm sorry, our time is up

Best Answer

No problem is too small if it affects your life so that you are harming your self. Go talk to some-one.

Best Answer

Ask a professional.

Best Answer