Larkin44 Larkin44 41-45, F 7 Answers Jan 31 in Community

it seems like a lot, but then, health care is mostly free here. i wouldn't buy insurance.

Best Answer

And that's how it should be here . Obamacare is great in a lot of ways, but it's far from perfect.

At least now, you can't be turned down for insurance because you have a pre-existing medical condition and insurance companies cannot refuse to pay for any other medical bills after you've hit a certain limit. That's how it used to be here.

Best Answer

Where are u from? I've considered packing up my family and moving to a different country.
I really thought in. Obama care was going to be great for low income families , but it's going to be around 1100 a month for full family coverage. Basically I'll be working just to pay for my ins.

Best Answer

the penalty for the first year is under 200, but by 2016, it's over 2,000.00. if you cannot afford the insurance being offered to you, you may get an exemption where you can claim you don't have the financial means to pay it. If you don't understand what it means to you, a tax accountant can explain your options. As far as I can see, since I have applied and are still awaiting word, I will have to pay money out of my pocket that I don't have. I already sold alot of my possessions to make ends meet. Obamacare will never be able to meet my serious health needs in any way. I will be paying for insurance, but not utilizing it.

Best Answer

You're probably right about paying the penalty rather than buying coverage. So far everyone I know has had there premiums go up and are paying more now than ever.

Best Answer

For many, paying the penalty is cheaper if you get no tax return so I've heard. You effectively pay nothing.

Best Answer

There should have been a system in place like they have in Canada. My relatives that live there like it, and if you want private insurance to supplement over and above, then knock yourself out.

Best Answer

I agree, but the money makers will not let that happen here.

Best Answer

True enough. That killed it from the start. It was proposed, but no way thanks to Big medicine and Big Pharma.

Best Answer

It is killing America slowly and it is destroying lives coast to coast. ObummerCare might be the cause of the next American civil war!!!

Best Answer

what's destroying lives is the absence of a universal free health care system. would be so much cheaper than privatized health.

Best Answer

Seriously? Government operated always cost more and takes longer. This plan isn't even implemented and already way over budget. Ask a vet about how awesome the government run VAs are and how long they have to wait to get what is readily available in private systems. I worked in administration in a large, public run hospital. Everything and I mean everything was rationed to some extent or another.

Best Answer

Change your religion to one that doesn't allow medical interventions. You don't have to pay the penalty then XD

Best Answer

I can't afford it.

Best Answer

I can't either, but i make to much for Medicaid.

Best Answer