JFK, Martin Luther king were very good speakers. Different time and maybe more meaningful messages. But the way Obama speaks and how he presents is something else. Every speech at the end he goes into this mode that is like other wordly.
celtic34 celtic34 36-40, M 17 Answers Nov 7, 2012 in Hobbies

He's genuine. And that's such a rarity in elected officials that it stuns most of us when we hear him speak.

Best Answer

Obama is alright as a speaker, but I wouldn't say he's the greatest speaker *ever*. That would be going too far. Of course, we have never heard some of the greatest speakers, who were around during times when they didn't record speeches, but as for recent speakers, I think (ironically) that the greatest speaker is someone who was terribly camera shy and hated speaking in public. That speaker would be Vaclav Havel, (the late, great, former Czech President). His manner could be very awkward sometimes, but the words he spoke were poetic and truthful. He wrote ALL of his own speeches, which were so beautiful they were almost unbelievable, coming from a modern man of our times. His words spoke about the human responsibility for the world and man's inner greatness, the power of the little guy and universal human values. I recommend reading his books, which have some of his speeches published. His speeches are truly works of art. Too bad he isn't around anymore to write new ones. Unfortunately he died recently, but he was an amazing leader and an amazing speaker. A lot of people couldn't get past his outward mannerisms, his shyness, the way he looked at the floor and stammered sometimes, etc. But if you listened to his words, they were so beautiful. So that's why I think he was one of the greatest speakers ever, if not *the* greatest speaker in modern times, although that would be a stretch to say that anyone could be *the* greatest ever. There have been a lot of inspiring speakers.

Best Answer

Absolutely not. The greatest public speaker of all time would actually believe what he or she espouses and not customize their speeches to garner public support as suggested by the latest public opinion polls. Obama's speech delivery is professional and well rehearsed. Unfortunately, he is unable to bring to fruition all those popular ideas he speaks about.

Best Answer

JFK was good, Mao, Gandhi and Reagan were great, but I think it's a matter of taste. MLK speeches were wonderful, but I honestly don't have the patience to appreciate his style. Hitler is regarded as a great speaker too, but i find his speeches unpersonable. <br />
In 2008 Obama captured people in a way I've never seen before, so there's no doubt he's a good speaker. But he's also charismatic and runs a cutthroat campaign. "Greatest" speaker would be a matter of opinion.

Best Answer

Dont kno if Id go THAT far ...but hes definitely right UP there with the VERY FEW

Best Answer

Nope. Of recent speakers on the political front I'm most impressed with Cory Booker

Best Answer

Obama does have his rhetoric in place. He knows how to forcefully interject phrases like "change" and "going forward", whenever he gives a speech. That gets people fired up, even though what he said is void of substance.

Best Answer

I think he's a good one but the best... no... the best public speakers have managed to convince nations from following their Ideas even thought with a neutral look at it everyone would have seen they were wrong...<br />
you don't need to be the best speaker to confince people from what they know is right...

Best Answer

I think so but what do I know.

Best Answer

No comment. My speakers broke.

Best Answer

Nope I never listen to what he's saying I only watch what his ears are communicating!

Best Answer

could you speak like that though? I don't know I think the way he uses his voice is amazing. Good luck getting up there and outdoing that.

Best Answer

Now I am looking at yours lol

Best Answer

He is a professional I would expect it but I don't get passion when I hear him so it doesn't move me.
If you compare it to other great orators like Martin Luther King or Roosevelt or even Churchill I'm not sure he's so good.

Best Answer

Why thank you

Best Answer

No, he's horrible at it. He's good at saying what the delusional voters want to hear.

Best Answer

sorry to break it to you, but that's what one makes a good speaker... getting people to belive in you and what you say and agree... not the ones who naturally do but the others

Best Answer

No, it's the imbecilic voters who believe him, not his speeches. If you know even the tiniest stitch of what he's been doing the past 4 years then you can see right through his bullshít. He appeals to the willfully ignorant.

Best Answer

The question is about public speaking ONLY ...NOT about what he HASNT DONE for U

Best Answer

I didn't say anything about how crappy his policies have been, just about how transparent and empty his speeches are.

Best Answer

I realize yur upset ...but yur missing the ENTIRE POINT if the question

Best Answer

If I am talking about how abysmal his speeches are then I'm not missing the point.

Best Answer

and hi i'm mitt romney. my wife ann would make a great first lady has meaning in his speeches and isn't appealing to the willfully ignorant? I think obama's message is pretty clear. he wants everyone to be happy and to stop the bs bickering. he wants people who work hard and are good people to live good lives. im about 100 percent im not ignorant and like obama. Are you saying i am?

Best Answer

I find it funny how you jump to romney when no one mentioned him nor is it even in context of the question.

Best Answer

it actually was. you said he appeals to the willfully ignorant. how am I ignorant?

Best Answer

Because you believed his lies and voted for him.

Best Answer

what do you expect in todays day and age. He wants people to be free to live good lives and live however they want as long as they work at it respect the environment etc. What else is there to do? let freedom ring

Best Answer

Claiming to want something compared to the actions taken are two different things.

Best Answer

The power is within you to control your own happiness. He is taking those actions you just can't see it. Do you want him to cure obesity and cancer? The thing is he's doing that too with advances in science. If someone is fat theyc an go get it sucked out of them if that makes them happy. If they want to work it off they can do that too. lol. It takes time. You really are in control of your own happiness and can go about it any way you want. Maybe we will have a woman president next that will get things pushed that they want. But I think obama gets it. The economy will be repaired. He is setting up programs where people can really go about it any way they want. It's your choice. are you afraid people will get lazy? because its really up to every individual what they make of it.

Best Answer

you havent even said what you want and why you arent happy. The issue to me is the republicans. They wont listen to anyone. Obama has consistently said he would work with Romney. Romney will not work with him. That's the difference.

Best Answer

i asked you how am i ignorant and you didnt answer the question. What is it you want? If you listen to obama he gets it. ITs going to take time. He can't do everything for everyone in 4 years. He's only human. He wont be able to do everything for everyone in 8 years either. But he's trying. Even then we can elect other people who have different ideas. That's the point.

Best Answer

Your first response was pretty much just inane postulating. I want a good economy, which based on Obama's record, will not happen. Economic growth is the SLOWEST it has been in decades, in case you haven't taken the time to educate yourself on that. His policies cost far, far too much and this country cannot in anyway afford it. He's spending us into oblivion. You are ignorant because as in your second post, you bullshít about Republicans being the problem when Obama had the senate and house for 2 years and accomplished nothing. You are ignorant of how much he has spent, how abysmal his plans for the future are and how ridiculous it is to expect Obamacare to somehow help our already drowning economy float.

Best Answer

there is money out there to be had. I dont think he is spending us into oblivion at all. If you do the math these things are being paid for by people who don't need it and by making things more efficient. The republicans won't listen. They are greedy. The republicans argument is that he is spending us into debt when its them who wont give up the money.

Best Answer

your logic is completely flawed. So lets give all the money to the top 1 % while the rest of the country falls by the wayside. Lets put our faith in 1% of the people. When very easily if we tax the rich we will be better off. The issue is the republicans won't listen.

Best Answer

More than 5 trillion spent and no results, that's spending us into oblivion. "People who don't need it" What do you mean "people who don't need it"? People who, through hard work and ambition have achieved a successful career and are reaping the rewards? You ascribe to the "punish the wealthy" mentality when they pay nearly half of what this country gets from taxes and they are only 5% or less of the overall population. You think that's fair? Hollywood is highly liberal, they clutch their money to their chests like a man having a heart attack would clutch a bayer aspirin. As I said, you are illustrating your ignorance with your parroting and refusal to look at the abysmal future we have before us.

Best Answer

My logic? You just shoveled words into my mouth and straw manned my responses..don't you dare talk about logic.

Best Answer

so one guy gets a billion dollars and that makes sense and he wont give it up? thats a bunch of power hungry mini hitlers who are all trying run their own little lala land while they screw over the rest of the people who they don't even comprehend.

Best Answer

teh rich aren't going to be screwed.

Best Answer

they will still be rich. they have way too much money. do the math. The top 1% has what percent of the wealth. Clinton has laid it out there on multiple occasions. The republicans are just insane.

Best Answer

the republicans are ego freaks who want everyone to be like them and they arent. they dont comprehend the rest of hte population. listen to romney sometime and listen to obama. you dont need that much money to be happy.

Best Answer

htere is absolutely no way where everyone can be a multi billionaire. There are people in this country in need. you say you want to improve the economy but you arent making any sense. the republicans wnat to do things their way but the issue is they dont even comprehend the people they are dealing with. They aren't living in reality. They are only living in theirs.

Best Answer

the republicans want to cut all these programs. Cut education, cut health care. cut clean energy emissions and say they are going to create jobs.... I have a bridge in brooklyn id like to sell you as well.

Best Answer

yet they wont give up a cent. But they are going to create jobs.. mmmmhmmm......

Best Answer

please explain to me how i'm ignorant. how are they going to do all this? you are right. I am ignorant they haven't once said how theya re going to do this. Because they aren't. Obama has explained what he's doing and it makes perfect sense.

Best Answer

how am i posturing?

Best Answer

I see it every day. People in school working hard. You want to cut that but create jobs. What kind of jobs? There are exorbitantly rich people in this country who can fit the bill for this and also create jobs. The issue is republicans have no plan how they are going to do this. There has to be some plan in place. That's what the democrats are doing. ?Are the republicans going to pay for all of this? Who knows. It seems to me that we were bordering on bankruptcy and they werent creating jobs and were out waging wars and seemingly were out for their own interests and would have screwed over 99 percent of the population if they could.. Who knows what is really going on. will they fit the bill for all of this in the end? maybe.

Best Answer

how am ignorant. I know the things you guys do. I've seen it. It's f'd up.

Best Answer

look at all i know. I work hard.

Best Answer

I think he went golfing.

Best Answer

None of your responses had anything to back them up aside from your blathering, you do realize this, right? I have actual statistics backing up my statements, I can't believe you're still wailing and throwing a fit like a child throwing a tantrum.

Best Answer

mmmhmm would you like to discuss it?

Best Answer

Discuss what? I have been having a one-sided discussion this entire posting trail. You've been doing nothing but spewing liberal jargon that is not supported in any way shape or form by anything feasibly factual and you're only responses have been either blaming Republicans or blathering inanely about some random topic.

Best Answer

you haven't backed up your statements with anything. You haven't even explained what you would do.

Best Answer

It's actually been the other way around. That's what I find funny. You are the one who is blaming people I was just talking about how good a speaker obama is. I'm perfectly happy.

Best Answer

I do think republicans can be greedy yeah. I don't see what the big deal is. Some of you guys are extreme where you'd assassinate someone just to keep your 12 cars. Kind of nuts if you ask me. I'm not even a democrat. I've always been more just in the middle and independant. I get it is all. I think both sides can be extreme. What I'm saying is true though. Republicans dont have a plan and would leave millions of people out in the cold if they could.

Best Answer

that's not really blaming them. It is. But it's more true. If you disagree you are crazy. That's a fact. You have no other plan or statistics. If you say you do you are full of ****. I'm speaking factually and I am perfectly happy with the president in office right now. This country needs it. If we have a republican president and need that at some point I'll be happy with that too.

Best Answer

All Im saying is the right president is in office and suck it up. I do find it funny how respublicans will cry that people arent taking responsibility and blaming others when thats all they do.

Best Answer

I haven't backed up my statements? I'm sorry, are you being willfully ignorant now? I have quoted numbers, you have asserted and said, "This is what I think." Then you run back to "well Republicans are greedy" Really now? Just stop responding before you embarrass yourself further.

Best Answer

you haven't explained at all what you would do.

Best Answer

I clearly stated I'm not blaming them yet you say I am.

Best Answer

I think it's just reality of a democracy. I'm not blaming anyone. This is what a democracy is. I'm just stating the reality of it.

Best Answer

suck it up. I'm just man enough to admit it. I dont care who is in office as long as its the right one.

Best Answer

Let me point out to you all the instances you blamed Republicans - "Republicans dont have a plan and would leave millions of people out in the cold if they could" "It seems to me that we were bordering on bankruptcy and they werent creating jobs and were out waging wars and seemingly were out for their own interests and would have screwed over 99 percent of the population if they could.." "the republicans wnat to do things their way but the issue is they dont even comprehend the people they are dealing with. " Should I find more or do you think that's enough to make my point? I'm not running for president, why should I bother trying to come up with a plan for the economy? I know what I have seen done by Obama and I know it isn't working.

Best Answer

There have also been instances though when a republican was in office where i blamed democrats for not allowing the republican to do his job though. This country as it stands there are people in need. Obama has the best plan to be able to deal with it at this point in time. It's really that simple.

Best Answer

there are times when things go republicans way. There are times when they go democrats way. It's so out of whack right now Obama is awesome imo. He's hilarious. God bless america.

Best Answer

I believe I have already pointed out how his plan is far from the best.

Best Answer

If you think Obama is a good president then, I feel sorry for you.

Best Answer

what is your plan? And how is it better?

Best Answer

My plan? Sorry, did I say I was running for president or that I was going to fix the economy?

Best Answer

So you are going to ***** about obamas plan when you dont even know why he's doing what he is. It's the best option like i said. You basically just said it's not. This is the problem with people like youa nd why i'm saying you are living in lala land and have no concept of reality. republicans are basically blocking him and making it difficult for him to do his job basically because they are ignorant and say his plan isnt best but what would they do? how irresponsible is that? thing is had romney gotten elected it would ahve been a disaster. he basically stood up there and lied to everyone.

Best Answer

you just said his plan is not the best option. IT IS. If you had a better plan thing is i'd listen. If anyone did. But don't come on here like i'm ignorant.

Best Answer

you lost and republicans are so bad they keep bitching about it and making it out like tis the other way around. seriously? this world has issues and this is the reason why.

Best Answer

obama is empowering the 99 percent. Which is what this country needs right now. And I love it. There are some greedy asz people out there as well who don't.

Best Answer

i had some dude today telling how its not just going to be rich people being taxed today and how 250 k a year is not a lot. What is this idiot spending his money on?

Best Answer

im glad we've at least been able to talk like normal people somewhat. the thing is there are people struggling in this country. sometimes i dont think people realize it is all. people who work hard. i dont think paying an additional 5 percent or whatever it is in taxes to help the less fortunate is that big a deal. there are so many mentalities in this country that can be harmful to society and hte people in it. thats not placing blame necessarily. It just is what it is.

Best Answer

the funny part is even people making 250000 etc are most likely going to make out under obama. This is where republicans are so stupid. Is democrats are helping 99% of them. Most republican billionaires were helped by democrats along the way.

Best Answer

Did you read my responses? - eople who, through hard work and ambition have achieved a successful career and are reaping the rewards? You ascribe to the "punish the wealthy" mentality when they pay nearly half of what this country gets from taxes and they are only 5% or less of the overall population. Economic growth is the SLOWEST it has been in decades, in case you haven't taken the time to educate yourself on that. His policies cost far, far too much and this country cannot in anyway afford it. He's spending us into oblivion. You are ignorant because as in your second post, you bullshít about Republicans being the problem when Obama had the senate and house for 2 years and accomplished nothing. You can respond as much as you want, I don't feel like partaking in the slap fight any longer.

Best Answer

lmao maybe greatest lier

Best Answer