honestly i am far more bothered by the overly large families. children need their parents' attention, not 1/26th of their parents' attention.

Best Answer

i find any form of male supremacy over women offensive. polygamists are quite often male rapists and/or pedophiles. the most well-known one in NZ destroyed his *harem* by trying to molest one of his harem daughter's friends... guess he thought he waz entitled to more?

Best Answer

Do you think it's possible for a man to sincerely love two women and care for them both in a committed way for the rest of his life? I know that some polygamists are rapists.... but do you think their is a sincerely loving form of polygamy?

Best Answer

no i do not. to me it looks like exactly what it is - male supremacy over women. if women truly had equal rights in this world, this kind of practice would be outlawed.

Best Answer

It seems like you have a strong opinion about it. Have you met many polygamists? BTW thanks for sharing.

Best Answer

i wouldn't know, but i've met plenty of rapists and men who think they're entitled to a harem of women. none of them are interested in sharing their wives with anyone else so it smacks of sexism and unfairness... do you know a polygamist that's happy to let his wives sleep with other men or have relationships outside that situation? in all the documentaries i've seen on this practice it's all about subjugation of women and one man's sense of entitlement, never about sharing or love. if a man truly loved a woman he would devote himself to her, not many others at the same time. again, that isn't love but dictatorship.

Best Answer

i see that you are around many... confused men, and where you get your position from. but, if you can get past that, i believe it is possible for a man to love more than one woman. yes, it is very complicated, but it is possible. i'm not talking about like 20 women- thats just wrong- i'm talking about like 2. anyways, besides the fact that the polygamy does not formally exist in women, its possible for a woman to accept a divided man, as it is the only one they may have or the only one they want to have. of course, however, there are many abuses of the practice. its a lot like multitasking; most people are horrible at it but do it anyways, but a few actually can do it successfully.

Best Answer

i doubt that you do see my position on this at all and i'm not surprised you think you know, it's rather normal for males to tell women's stories to them. i'm a feminist and i don't care for any kind of subjugation of females by males, considering the inequalities we face. lets all agree that i disagree and leave it at that shall we?

Best Answer

Sure, I can agree that we disagree. I have to say especially on the fairness idea. I know that in my marriage the idea of fairness has only brought pain. One thing my wife and I are agreed on is that we think the idea of fairness is terrible.
Thanks for sharing. Glad you did.

Best Answer

the ones on the news are,lol. you must know alot personally as well?

Best Answer

I dont think I could handle ONE feminist wife let alone 2, lol. life must be horrifically unfair for these women.

Best Answer

not at all. "fundamentalist" mormons have just given it a bad spin.

Best Answer

Yes because it fosters those abuses, it puts women in a position of having to share one man rather than having a healthy relationship with a man they have to themselves. Polygamy automatically leads to jealousy, and hurt. It is not normal and not healthy, it also leads to inbreeding as half the DNA involved comes from only one source, you end up with a lot of half brothers and half sisters and eventually with a lot of down serious deformity and needless to say a lot of death and disease.

Best Answer

the siblings dont have to **** each other. not sure where you pulled inbreeding from.

Best Answer

I want to know who is more for it... men or women? All I am going to say is its greedy. Put your hand in the cookie jar and take out too many and you are going to be one sick sick puppy. Nobody will like you an you'll be overweight. Haven't you ever heard the saying too much of anything is bad for you?

Best Answer

I can't agree with you, women are way cooler than cookies! ha ha

Best Answer

You're still going to be one sick sick puppy... first to everyone around you and then literally when someone gets something nasty.

Best Answer

oh, I think I am getting your meaning. I don't think STDs are very prevalent in polygamist communities, but I am just guessing. BTW I aint a polygamist.

Best Answer

I can just say NO.....who would want two or more wives complaining.......Nagging in suround sound....no thanks.

Best Answer

No absolutely not. I love my life.

Best Answer

My wife was the one to suggest having a Sister Wife. She wants the friendship for me and a wife fulfill marital duties she is unable to fulfill. My wife may not live to see our 9yo daughter graduate from high school. She had a heart beat issue this evening. She wants to know her family has a wife/mother if she was not there to care for them. As she is disabled, without her 86yo mother's help, We would sooo need a nanny/sister wife to help.

Best Answer

Personally, I believe in the sanctity of marriage, without it being between ONE man and ONE woman, then how is it a sacred act that has any value? IMHO adding any more people to the equation throws out all that marriage is about and the importance of "Holy Matrimony". It isn't legal to marry but only one person at the same time, and it does cause abuse especially if there are children by different women, and when one of those women gets jealous of the other, they take it out on her children if there is no other way to release that anger. I have watched several different educational programs concerning this topic. And none of the information that was presented was positive, especially the young men being run off at a certain age so there is less competition among the older pervs, the young females that choose to run away knowing they are forever SHUNNED because they don't want someone to tell them who they can bed down with or force them to comply by using the word husband? No, nothing positive at all. I think it should be illegal, and that any one getting married should only be able to do so at a certain age and with their own signed consent and FREE WILL.

Best Answer

Not sure I can agree with almost any of that.

Best Answer

I didn't expect that you would, but I posted only the truth and these are well known facts, it's not "classified" information, and most of it is just common sense...... The young adults need to keep telling their stories and continue to speak out... Things that don't work, should not be tolerated anytime it puts ANY CHILD AT RISK...

Best Answer

Actually it is my Wife that suggested we look for a sister wife. She likes the non-sexual girlfriend. The built in support. My wife is disabled but able to care for a baby if our sister wife wanted to work. A sister wife would be an additional caregiver we need in our family to help provide for our children. We offer a family that may not be perfect but we have survived our trial by fire more than once.<br />
Polygamy not not mean 3-somes or **********. But people see the abuses and blame it on the lifestyle which has little to do with the abuses. The Brown family is a successful Polygamist family on TLC's Sister Wife. Many Monogamist families should do as well.

Best Answer

It's a disgusting response to over-abundance. If there weren't like a ba-zillion credit card companies in Utah, and all the social injustice that entails, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Best Answer

I don't understand your response.

Best Answer

For one man to have five houses, four men have to live in apartments.

Best Answer

I can't agree at all.

Best Answer

they only live in Utah? I thought it took place all over the world?

Best Answer

It doesn't offend me, I don't know what I think on it, as I've never really given it much thought. It doesn't come up in my daily life.

Best Answer

No I think everyone has a right to what ever they believe in. I think the old ways are much different to the modern day.

Best Answer