I lost a girlfriend recently who couldn't deal with anything. I started smoking cigarettes started having anxiety. psychiatrists want to put me on meds. are they stupid? My grandfather lived until he was 100. healthiest person with a good sense of humor. he was a gardener and a farmhand and was in motion all the time. . just seems like everyone wants to sell you something these days instead of dealing with the real issue. band aids. an we wonder why bullying and everything in between is getting worse. people don't deal with anything. seems to me like doctors have lost sight of basic human needs and don't actually correct the issue.
celtic34 celtic34 36-40, M 14 Answers Jan 31, 2013 in Hobbies

There are a lot of different opinions on psychiatry and I think that it can work in a lot of cases, but it's not an exact science as we still understand so little about the human mind. What I WILL SAY is that I think that doctors these days turn to drugs WAY too often. Don't even get me started on all the children on ADD meds or anti-depressants before they even know what depression is. I'm not saying some people don't need them, but I think that it's become a band-aid solution to life for a lot of people. When did we all become dependent on drugs to feel free of anxiety? When did we become dependent on drugs to feel happy? I agree with you completely on the band-aid comment, it's a way to stop some of the symptoms but doesn't fix a damn thing.

Best Answer

Is not everything humans do flawed?

Best Answer

No. But people are flawed.

Best Answer

Like other posters have said, all areas of study are flawed. You might have gotten shoddy psychiatric treatment though. It's an area of rapid expansion and many people are quite awful at it, just like there's a millions of poor medical professionals.

Best Answer

Freud's theory of psycho- sexual development was flawed to begin with. The father of modern psychoanalysis was a perv.

Best Answer

funny that girl married a perv and was a sociology major. me i'm getting the bad end of the stick and feel like i'm falling into their bs now.

Best Answer

i actually loved her that's the thing. times they are a changing. thing is they will probably be more successful than me because it's the state of our society. they are better off just accepting the bs where i'm fighting it and doing damage to myself.

Best Answer

It's true. Doctors are out to make money instead of actually helping the person. In reality, they don't even care.

Best Answer

where humanoids are involved nothing is perfect

Best Answer
Best Answer