I was actually doing really well. Always have been a pretty happy carefree person, then I needed a simple thing from people. Just common sense. In turn i get told i'm this that and this and it really messed with me and my life. When i still think i know what happened to me and how messed up it is. I get therapy is there to help people that get hurt because of the flaws of humanity but in the same respect it seems to me if people weren't complete douchebags and had common sense there would be no need for it? It just seems like another bandaid and doesn't deal with the real issues with society. It seems to me like psychiatry was created by a bunch of disturbed people who were disturbed by things that aren't really there.
celtic34 celtic34 36-40, M 14 Answers Dec 3, 2012 in Hobbies

Consider this, if the therapist can make you believe you have "issues" that person now has a revenue stream.

Best Answer

I agree. I'm really upset about what happened to me at this point. I think just total negligence on peoples parts to make a buck for themselves.

Best Answer

They do and I did a rotation in the psychiatry department. As therapists, they have to generate a certain amount of revenue for the clinic. A lot of it is BS. If they can give you a diagnosis and make you think you need therapy, they've got a customer. People need to be very careful when chosing a therapist.

Best Answer

It depends on the therapy, the doctor and the patient. Therapy has helped many people. There are some excellent doctors out there as well as some patients that really try to make improvements. There are also some bad doctors and some really messed up patients. Medicine isn't an exact science. Mental medicine is the hardest to practice because there are so many variables. You have to make sure that you rely on yourself and go with what works for you. Maybe it is time for a new doctor or maybe it is time for you to re-evaluate the way you take things in when they are said to you. I think therapy is a very valuable tool.

Best Answer

hi ... the majority of us were brought up in chaos and abuse. when that happens we get older and continue in chaos and abusive ways. (douchbags as you say). It doesnt have anything to do with having common sense. Our brains are hurt by what we have seen as children, or what was done to us. We dont know that we are hurting other people or ourselves. We dont think we are "douchbags", we think we are right. Understanding how the brain and human spirit works is very important to being a healthy person. Having an excellent therapist can help us all do that. anger, hate, depression etc etc ... can mostly be linked to the childhood. anger hate depression etc.. hurts the brain and we act out in unhealthy ways. Therapy helps the brain and the spirit to heal so that we can love ourselves and love others. of course "love" is an umbrella word. love is: kindness, generosity, patience, being understanding etc etc ... it is a life long journey that can really be helped my psycho therapy :) Good luck

Best Answer

The bad theropists never help, but if you find a good one It can help you alot.

Best Answer

I dont think most therapists would treat you just to make money, but they are not always the best way, it is basically having someone to talk to who will not judge you and you can be totally honest with, you can do more by being honest with yourself first and admitting that there is a problem, and you will then begin to resolve the problem. A therapist only makes you aware of problems ,but does't fix them, that is up to you in the end

Best Answer

I think that some therapists take advantage of people - string them along for the money. Some therapists are lazy. Some therapists are not very skilled. Some therapists are crazy themselves. Some therapists are good. Basically, they are just like everyone else.

Best Answer

YES, (In some cases) you are correct that therapy is not needed. That always has been, it will be the case today, and tomorrow as well. <br />
The first step in deciding what person needs to have it is to weed out those that do not. So you have to have it to figure that out.<br />
Now as far as a lot of cases that do need some form of mild therapy, a good friend with a level head and a rational mind maybe all you need.<br />
For the rest, the shrink is needed to sort things out.

Best Answer

It may be in some cases, but it has helped me alot

Best Answer
Best Answer