VeritableVagabond VeritableVagabond 18-21, M 12 Answers May 20, 2012

If you do it properly and for the right reasons,.its a good choice.

Best Answer

I think it was Dylan singing : don't criticize what you can't understand. That's why there's so much negativity, aside from jealousy. Encouragement isn't in mass production today.<br />
If you consider this to be fulfilling and practical in your life then nothing else should matter .

Best Answer

Pseudo science

Best Answer

I have a family member who is not a good person and this family member did not like me studying psychology because he knew that I would find out exactly who he is. People do hate that. Psychology is about theory and also about how the brain functions regarding neurontransmitters. As far as the job market goes having a degree in psychology or social science can be diverse and spread out through many areas. Examples: hospitals, schools, clinics, corporations, etc.

Best Answer

I think it is a great major and you can certainly do well with a degree in psychology. Take the classes and analyze the nay-sayers later.

Best Answer

Sometimes I feel like the reaction is more about your potential employment prospects after you get your degree than about the actual subject itself. <br />
A typical reaction is usually "What kind of job are you going to get with that degree?"<br />
If you tell people you want to study engineering, the reaction you get may be entirely different.

Best Answer

I think they are not so much feeling negative towards your career choice as it is that you may end up knowing more about them then they know about themselves. Follow you heart, regardless of the world reaction.

Best Answer

no its not

Best Answer

Do you want to be a psychologist ?

Best Answer

I know many people say that psychology is a bad investment that won't create a job for you but I disagree. If you are not interested in graduate school but still want to get a degree in psychology there are other options such as a minor in a field such as business or a teaching post bachelors degree. You can also consider a Masters program in social work, healthcare management, human resources, or a related field. I think the naysayers are just either not using their degree appropriately or their negative perspective is setting them up to fail. Do what you love and the money will come

Best Answer