Selfconsciousness Selfconsciousness 18-21, M 28 Answers Sep 17, 2012 in Religion

Only if you came overcome your upbringing

Best Answer

That is also a choice!

Best Answer

belief in God is not religion. You do not need religion to believe in God. I made the choice to leave religion but I have God with me

Best Answer

most definitions of religion speak of teachings of God. I reject that concept of religion. And religion from the latin root religio is respect or reverence for the gods. Belief in God is separate for one can believe but not revere or respect, is that not true?

Best Answer

good for U and all others

Best Answer

Reverence, respect, love for nature or creator may manifest in many forms but all Judaic religions are based on master/lord and slave relationship. Hence individual freedom of thought and reasoning is suppressed and a follower is made slave to particular Book, sect or cult and greedy priest who always take advantage and make followers do most ghastly things like witch burning or suicide bombing

Best Answer

Nice :)

Best Answer

Belief and knowing are two different things, just as philosophy and religion are two different things. I can be a theist / philosophy but not belong to, or practice a religion. Philosophy means; Love of Wisdom.

Best Answer

People constantly confuse religion with philosophy

Best Answer

Bravo! well stated :)

Best Answer

Perhaps not initially. But once you're an adult you certainly have the choice whether or not to continue practicing or participating in religious rituals.

Best Answer

Breaking free from a religious family is as difficult as breaking free from a non religious family.<br />
I know from experiance that Christians who have money or freedoms where ever they live, almost always have a choice. They like myself, come to a point in their faith where they can make a choice to continue or walk away.<br />
Now if your in a third world country and are a muslim, your chances of being able to escape that religion are much much lower. Religion is a choice, but there are different motivating factors involved.

Best Answer

There is no one holding a gun to your head ( in America) telling you that you must believe only specific religion. We have the choose to decide weather we will follow it or not and investigate our beliefs as we age.

Best Answer

honestly i didnt even here about god till i was 13 and doesnt make since to me so i stuck to what i know which is science i heard about it but never told about it till world history and i dont like it causes to much violence its just not needed and is not logical also i know i might not have spelled every word right so please dont comment on it if i spelled something wrong.

Best Answer

Yes, but personally im going to bring the children I have up to be christian but to accept that homosexual and other things are accepted and are not wrong

Best Answer

In a lot of countries / places the religion is so integrated into sociocultural behaviors that it is practically enforced. Through basically mandatory group enforced rituals and behaviors that largely break down a person's will and integrate their self concept into servitude to the religion and teh cult leaders.

Best Answer

Sometimes it is.<br />
Sometimes it is forced onto others.

Best Answer

I don't know about everyone else but in Islamic countries no.Christianity yes even if your raised that way their is always a point in time you have your own mind and make your own decision about it

Best Answer

It involves a bunch of different factors. Honestly? It seems like most of the time it is something that is forced on a child and that child grows up to an adult who doesn't want to let go of a security blanket.

Best Answer

Yes it is in free countries, in countries that don't believe in choices(most muslim ones) then if you don't chose their's your not considered a "true believer" and condemned

Best Answer

to some people at some point of life, yes.<br />
when you're a grown up, you start to question what was taken for granted as a child. you either find that you are really convinced of it, and that this is what u want, or u feel that something is missing and it doesn't make sense, upon which u reject your family's religion if u are brave enough.<br />
that's why some people become atheists or convert to a different religion.

Best Answer

Everything is a choice, except for things like, breathing, bl<x>inking, sneezing, and dying.....

Best Answer

Behavior is a choice, belief is not. If you truly believe your religion is true and you value truth, then no, religion is NOT a choice.

Best Answer

I have to disagree, beleif is verry much a choice for religious folk. For example, they choose not to believe in other religions. They have to choose in the tough times to hold faith in thier own. Behaviour and belief are a choice in my opinion.

Best Answer

Belief is definetly a choice!

Best Answer

I'd say it depends on what your parents are, so usually no, you have no choice, you're just born into it.

Best Answer

Maybe it is a gene and deserves some respect.

Best Answer

Yes, it is. Unless you're a Muslim.

Best Answer

Not in Saudi

Best Answer