Absolutely. The abuse of a thing does not negate it's use. All world religions are, at their ba<x>se, the same. Be kind to others, live an orderly life, and work with your fellow humans and not against them. It is the humman need for power that corrupts the teachings of various religions. <br /><br />Despite it's flaws, no religious society came close to the mass murder of the last century by clearly irreligious governments such as the Soviets murder of 40 million of their own citizens, the Chinese slaughter of 60 million, the 2 million killed by the Khamer Rouge all make the Inquisition look like a food fight by comparison.

Best Answer

this

Best Answer

All religions believe in one God, but have different methods of preaching.

Best Answer

Sorry. All religions do not believe in one God, e.g. Hinduism. And try explaining to a non-Chrstian the Trinty.

Best Answer

I'll put it this way... people react in defense of themselves and of their fellow man. Sometimes the defense is borderline or outright offensive. <br />
The generalizations made about a religion and its followers... I'd say a lot of it stems from a lack of understanding your fellow man. Sometimes from experience, like my best friend, who is an atheist. Had a horrible childhood, and now keeping herself in a cycle of dependence on those who so badly affected her. Religion was forced on her at the time of her abuse, and so she is very bitter and critical of Christianity. One time, when I was describing my faith to her, she asked me questions about it, for the first time. I answered honestly, and then she asked me, "What religion are you?". Puzzled, I told her I was a nondenominational Christian, and she said she couldn't understand how I was such a calm and reasonable person. I just found that sad.<br />
I have been trying to understand those who attack a whole religion ba<x>sed on the only experience they have- their own. They hear the news stories, they grow up, they are influenced by peers. Best book I've read on the responsibility Christians have towards showing that our religion is not one of complete blathering idiots like the media seems to point towards us being. Or that THEY categorize us as in their minds. Short-sighted, when they don't know all of one religion, yes? Well, we all do it. We categorize other people so that we don't have to deal with complications; generalization is our filing system. Hinduism is easier to label as "crazy" than as a rich, complex culture. <br />
I believe that education and positive experience can change opinions. We change what we feel all the time, malleable like clay. But to go about it the right way, without ourselves SPREADING ignorance, this is a challenge!

Best Answer

religion is ideology, not facts. that's why so many aren't into it. there is no unfairness to disbelieving in a fantasy.

Best Answer

Right, but disbelieving is not the same as ridiculing those who believe.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer