It is what you make it to be. If you think you should wait a while longer then do so. But don't wait too long. It's scary. But you both need to trust. Tell a very close and dear friend where you are going to meet this person. Have him or her check up on you if you do not respond by a certain time. <br />
*this is your back up plan. <br />
But if this romance has been going on for a while now and you have exchanged phone numbers and letters by mail, I think you have a great chance here that this one is legit.<br />
OOPS forgot yo answer your question. With an Internet relationship you can ask questions you might never ask face to face. You don't see the shocked look or have a delayed reaction. Mine began over the Internet and we took our time. A long time before meeting. Married 7 years now and the love has never diminished.

Best Answer

ISome people, I think, over-romanticize the whole idea..a Titanic/Romeo and Juliet situation (someone, please, give me a better simile..these aren't quite right!)<br />
But really, they're two totally different things, each with their own pros and cons, I guess? One pro, for instance, is that you often get the chance to develop a true affinity for someone ba<x>sed on who they are, not their outfit the night you met them.<br />
Personally, aside from the "offline stuff", I've been (without trying, in either case, for something long distance or generated online) in two successful, serious/committed long distance relationships and consider both men to have been important loves in my life. One, I nearly married, and we were together for three and a half to four years, and both men are still friends of mine, one having been a friend now of 16 years! Yeah, actually, one of them is the reason for my UK-themed name.<br />
Here's the reason I've never actually TRIED to end up in these situations, though..*lol* :Despite the large amount who seem eager to decry this sort of thing, being in such a relationship takes an amount of maturity, PATIENCE!, loyalty, a certain set of values like the determination to be faithful and not just cheat or cave if you find someone locally who's attractive to you once you've committed yourself...and most of all, it takes courage.<br />
Courage to decide to risk your heart, because..this is the thing those who glorify and "romanticize" the idea of long-distance love keep missing: it's going to HURT like HELL.<br />
Though it really can be far more rewarding and successful than many want to give it credit for if they've never tried it, or moreso than those who have tried it want to admit publically, the pain of constant seperation really takes a certain type of person to endure it.<br />
You have to decide if you're really up for that kind of thing, but, if one is not, I'm definitely not trying to minimize the vast importance of any successful romance, nor the sensible idea of keeping your heart from flying out of your zip code, and building a predictable, stable life with someone. I think that's the laudable thing most of us want, no matter how we end up meeting S.Others...

Best Answer

How about over-the-counter relationships? I would invest Benjamins in that.

Best Answer

In the past when I dated some people from online, I found that many of them were not quite honest. On line, even if they are honest about their physical appearance, they are not completly honest about their character. The best way to find someone is to build face to face friendships, then move on from there.

Best Answer

I have never had an online relationship... I would think in person is better because I get to feel my man touching me ... I get to see him looking at me ... and I get to cook him nice meals ... and sleep with him etc...

Best Answer

I thought it didn't matter, internet or face-to-face but recently I got dumped only for 1 reason ''you're not here'' that's what in was told. So for some Ppl its better in face-to-face for some it doesn't matter :3

Best Answer