( Recovering)
KaleidoscopeMind KaleidoscopeMind 18-21, F 16 Answers Oct 2, 2012 in Self Harm

No it's a chronic condition to compensate for trauma, it's a kind of...therapy.

Best Answer

I agree with you...

Best Answer

Well said Lushiro...thx.

Best Answer

Like a lot of people said, I think it's just more common in teens because they have no other outlet. Don't get me wrong, plenty of adults self harm as well in the stereotypical way, but a lot do it in other ways.

I don't like it when people say it's childish or for attention. Even if it is, there's obviously still something wrong and it shouldn't be brushed off.

Best Answer

The sad thing is most people don't know what to do or say when they learn someone has this problem.

Best Answer

It tends to be most prevalent in teens, but it could happen to any age. And it can take many forms. Is drinking until you're sick really much different than cutting?

Best Answer

I said the same think. I included drugs in my argument.

Best Answer

Alcohol is a drug. But cutting or similar thinks tend to leave obvious evidence; drugs and alcohol can be more hidden.

Best Answer

Nope adults do it a lot. Drug abuse, alcohol abuse, all self harm. Different forms, same behaviour

Best Answer

no not 'childish' ...they are childish and ignorant about the facts. Its much much more complex than that expecially the causes.

Best Answer

Different people, age, gender can all do it.

Best Answer

No, it is not. It is a way of dealing with depression and fear that temporarily provides relief. Attention cutting is different, but still a way of dealing with pain.

Best Answer

If i had to call it anything i would call it LAZY....

Best Answer

sorry but i have to agree its childish and immature.

Best Answer

It's ok. I just wanted opinions. no opinion is wrong or right

Best Answer

glad to here you recovering.

Best Answer

That was harsh. But i'm glad you're recovering

Best Answer

I have been for a while. I'm just hurt by the comment.

Best Answer

kind of attention seeking, but i am in that place at the very moment so i have no right to say...

Best Answer

well attention seeking in the way that someone wants help.

Best Answer

yeah, but no one really cares.

Best Answer

some do.. that's why this person said that to me...they were angry i thought about it

Best Answer

Nobody caring is why we cut cause it hurts so much to be ignored and abused. It just helps focus and deal with the pain.its very hard to explain to ppl that never done it but its not just for attention at all cause we hide it from ppl, hide the scars too. You have no right to judge what you don't understand.

Best Answer