warriortears warriortears 22-25 14 Answers Feb 18, 2013 in Community

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. I'm incredibly shy too. It's just something you have to learn to be okay with, and after you start accepting it, it starts to go away. Learn to work with it, and learn your limits. Little by little try putting yourself in some situations that require you to hold up conversation. It'll slowly get better.

Best Answer

I have it. It is not entertaining. Socializing, starting conversations and praying and asking God to take away shyness will do good. <br />
It is a process. Let us keep improving!<br />
cheers :)

Best Answer

you simply have the shy attitude which often includes sarcasm and that sort of joke but please, in reality you can't believe that, definitely not. Being shy can be as attractive as other features. Youll be fine.

Best Answer

Nooo. There is nothing wrong with you. <br />
Socializing does get easier eventually.

Best Answer

Nothing wrong with you. It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.

Best Answer

Nothing wrong with controlling who you want to interact with -- but there is a documented mental state called "Avoidant personality disorder". Since you ask about it, a visit to a counselor would be a good step. You'd be in good company, it's common enough that it has its own ICD-10 diagnosis code, F60.6

Best Answer

Shyness is mental so is being assertive - but it is not a disease or illness.

Best Answer

If it is in limits it is essential. If it exceeds limits we can control it. It is not illness. It may be an impact of the way we are nourished.

Best Answer

A lot of it is a lack of confidence

Best Answer

If your shyness keeps you from socializing with others, then possibly. You may need to talk to someone.

Best Answer

I was shy all through school. Sucked big time I admit

Best Answer