After talking to a man who does business where I work I have to wonder. He's lived in a number of states and said he thought that it was a myth.
CherokeePatti CherokeePatti 56-60, F 10 Answers May 6 in Community

No its real. Just a lot of northern people moved south and cloud the numbers.

Best Answer

yup very very true

Best Answer

it used to b but now every ones tranplanted

Best Answer

I think it does exist, but there is also a huge set of hidden social rules. Often the southern habit of a smile and easy going demeanor masks something less than 'nice'.

Best Answer

It honestly just depends on where you are in the south. If you're in a large southern city (Memphis, Atlanta, etc.) there probably won't be much. If you go to smaller cities or towns and get to know the people it's totally clear that southern hospitality is NOT a myth!

Best Answer

I sat next to a young woman on a plane from North Carolina and it seemed she had just walked out of Mayberry.

Best Answer

I'm Mexican, and I always thought, that I would be lynched in the south, especially with all the confederate flags flying freely, but it turns out they are just a bunch of friendly folks. I like it.

Best Answer

interesting

Best Answer

I think it depends on the individuals.

Best Answer

No, it's real.

Best Answer

Nope

Best Answer

Myth

Best Answer

Hi

Best Answer