puck61 puck61 51-55, M 16 Answers Nov 24, 2012 in Marriage

i say yes definitely and i speak from experience. the arguing between my parents and the stress it caused in me and my siblings lives was a terrible enviroment to grow up under.

Best Answer

I remember some scary interaction between my mom and step dad. My memory is vivid and I'm nearly 51.

Best Answer

my memories are still vivid too. this is why i've worked so hard not to expose my own children to the strife that i witnessed growing up. thankfully me and my bf have a relationship that surpasses anything that my parents had.

Best Answer

Sometimes. <br />
It is worse for the kids when they grow up witnessing an unhealthy relationship... lots of fighting, heated arguments, disrespecting, coldness, abuse... Kids learn more from what they see then what we tell them. A child growing up in an unhealthy household learns to see that atmosphere as normal and is more likely to repeat those patterns in his or her own marriage someday. The child who grows up observing a healthy and happy marriage is more likely to hold out for a healthy relationship.

Best Answer

I'm thinking perhaps when a relationship becomes toxic, it's best to divorce and work out custody and visitation and be as civil as possible. Kid 'do' learn what they live.

Best Answer

Absolutely!

Best Answer

i do not know. but this is a good question and experienced people should answer it.

Best Answer

Depends on if the parents despise each other or not.

Best Answer

makes good sense.

Best Answer

If that's the only reason that you're staying together, then NO. In my opinion, the best thing that you can do is to remain amicable, not argue in front of the kids and not say negative things about the other spouse when with the kids.

Best Answer