Soossie Soossie 51-55, F 6 Answers May 6 in Community

Stupidity is the reason I have few dinner guests. If you cant hold a conversation or back up a fact you know with evidence and simply state its true its true over and over then you are stupid.<br />
I dont mind uneducated people I do mind educated ones who turn out to be stupid.

Best Answer

Thank you for a good answer. I believe stupidity is a choice, maybe not consciously though.

Best Answer

Yes, I too have a gripe with mindless statements backed with no evidence. There is a problem with people regurgitating "facts" they've picked up - whether from word-of-mouth or general Internet browsing. By no means should they stop learning, but they ought to check their sources and delve a tad deeper in to the subject before reiterating it with no justifiable explanation to offer. An example of this is the recent "gluten-free is healthier" trend. Plenty of people follow this nutritional fad, but when I ask them WHY gluten-free is healthy - they cannot offer any reason at all. They are changing their daily eating habits, and offering nutritional advice because of a popular trend of which they are not actually informed on. This is why advertising is as powerful as it is - they know that if they repeat something over and over, prospective consumers will automatically internalize and believe it.

Best Answer

Thank you for the valid thought.

Best Answer

Likely both. But I would describe it as a by-product as opposed to a general "force."

Best Answer

:) thank you.b

Best Answer

my Kryptonite...

Best Answer

Indeed. Thank you

Best Answer

probably a choice and yes it does annoy me

Best Answer